Singapore Expats

How to work as a supply teacher on DP

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
markinsing

How to work as a supply teacher on DP

Post by markinsing » Fri, 02 Nov 2018 2:46 pm

Hi,
I have a PEP and my wife a DP. She is speaking to a few schools about supply teacher work. Seems that she will need a letter of consent but if given, that will only allow her to work at one school.
Does anyone have any advice please on how she can work legally - a likely scenario is that she is a registered supply teacher with 2 or 3 schools and works on a part-time basis with each.
If it is difficult for the school to employ people without EP or LOC, then are there any third parties / agents who act as go-between to make it simple and legal?
Thanks.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: How to work as a supply teacher on DP

Post by bgd » Fri, 02 Nov 2018 3:07 pm

Suggest you contact the Ministry of Education. Ideally they would employ her and that would allow her to work at more than one school. At the very least they should be able to advise on options.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: How to work as a supply teacher on DP

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 02 Nov 2018 9:26 pm

bgd wrote:Suggest you contact the Ministry of Education. Ideally they would employ her and that would allow her to work at more than one school. At the very least they should be able to advise on options.
That won't work for the FSS (International School). The OP's idea of using a manpower agency might work but I suspect schools will be leery of it due to the implied extra cost. OP; my wife is a teacher - subs here usually only work for one IS school at a time - they get enough work as it is.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!