Singapore Expats

Helper Bullying

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
skooch

Helper Bullying

Post by skooch » Thu, 01 Nov 2018 10:02 pm

Our helper has been with us for the last 5 years and is very much part of the family. We have lived in the same condo for the last 4 years and she has made many friends here. However, in the last few weeks a dispute with another helper (the details of which appear to be quite minor and fault lies on both sides) occurred which has now developed into bullying on facebook and via texts to our helper. She is even receiving texts from people she doesn't know (who say they are friends of the other party) with threatening messages. We spoke with the other helpers employer who has tried to help however getting them to talk has been difficult. I am guessing there are cultural elements that I am not aware of (the other helper is much older) that is also a factor. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experience of this and can offer some advice. Speaking to the Police (or MOM) is a last resort option so would like to help settle this beforehand.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Helper Bullying

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 02 Nov 2018 6:01 am

Tell her to block them on FB and SM. Remove her access to wireless devices if necessary during the work day.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!