Singapore Expats

Document needed to secure when bringing newborn to singapore

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Mrniceguy

Document needed to secure when bringing newborn to singapore

Post by Mrniceguy » Thu, 01 Nov 2018 8:55 am

Hi everyone

We are E pass holder in singapore

I just want know if any of you can advice me what are needed documents / approval should i present to immigration officer when we bring the newborn baby to singapore. The baby already has a foreign passport and the DP is on the proccess of application. Im afraid that they might be hold in immigration. My wife will be the one bringing the baby.

Thanks

kozizi

Re: Document needed to secure when bringing newborn to singapore

Post by kozizi » Fri, 02 Nov 2018 9:43 am

Assuming that you are on EP, your wife is on DP.
You need your child's DP to be approved before you arrive in Singapore, i.e. your wife should have the child's IPA letter with her along with child's passport to be able to enter Singapore. The IPA basically serves as the 'visa' to enter.

Mrniceguy

Post by Mrniceguy » Fri, 02 Nov 2018 11:01 am

kozizi wrote:Assuming that you are on EP, your wife is on DP.
You need your child's DP to be approved before you arrive in Singapore, i.e. your wife should have the child's IPA letter with her along with child's passport to be able to enter Singapore. The IPA basically serves as the 'visa' to enter.
Hi do you know if it is possible to have visit pass first. The DP is on the process of application.

kozizi

Post by kozizi » Fri, 02 Nov 2018 11:33 am

You may apply for a multiple-entry tourist visa for your baby and use it to enter SG, however i would really not recommend it as you would need to exit SG in 30days & re-enter - it is a hassle with a newborn. And what if your DP gets rejected meanwhile ? You won't be able to do visa runs with the newborn.

DP application processing does not take more than 2 weeks, so it is best that you wait for the DP to be approved and then enter with the IPA in hand, you'll be sure that your baby can stay here without any issues.