Singapore Expats Forum

Health Screening using DNA In Singapore

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.

anneway89

Health Screening using DNA In Singapore

Postby anneway89 » Wed, 24 Oct 2018 3:37 pm

Hi everyone,

I am in a dilemma at home with my husband. Just wondering if any fellow parents done a DNA test for you family?

I came across a service in Singapore where they have US labs screen DNA to find out genetic health conditions! Does anyone’s/ husband’s company cover genetic tests (I know most cover insurances)? I’m personally quite interested in this but heard good ones can cost a few thousand.

Any thoughts and recommendations? :???:

Hilary.R

Re: Health Screening using DNA In Singapore

Postby Hilary.R » Wed, 31 Oct 2018 6:00 pm

possible to share which genetic health service you came across? and if it's any good / credible? there're so many different types available online, i'm not too sure which are trustworthy.

anneway89

Postby anneway89 » Thu, 01 Nov 2018 11:46 am

I have found this one at one of the baby fairs that i attended with my hubby.

SPAM REMOVED

This one is based in Singapore, but samples sent to reputable lab in US for screening. They seem professional but slightly pricey.

Hubby and I think that it is important to find one that is credible. You don't want to get the wrong information/ results as it will affect lifestyle choices.

Please do share any other alternatives if you found any, then we can do a comparison. :D

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Thu, 01 Nov 2018 11:58 am

My my... Hilary.R, anneway89, and anniewongmimi are all posting from exactly the same IP address. Amazing! Can't wait to see what happens next.