Singapore Expats

EP pending for more than a Month

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
dkfranc

EP pending for more than a Month

Post by dkfranc » Mon, 22 Oct 2018 4:25 pm

HI All,

My EP was applied by my Employer before one month, and that is still in PENDING state.
I haven't received any updates from my Employer.
Am afraid that I will not get EP and my employer is likely waiting for me to withdraw the offer.

Is there any case where it will take more than a month for EP approval. Just wanna know to have some hopes :)

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: EP pending for more than a Month

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 22 Oct 2018 8:49 pm

There are cases where it has taken 3 or more months to either approve or reject an EP application. It depends on your background, how quickly your past uni's respond to requests for information, in general, how easy it is to confirm your application details.

It is also my theory that if you are going to be working as a contractor for a company and be body shopped out to third party companies, you may be in for a long wait, as MoM doesn't seem to like that too much any more.

dkfranc

Re: EP pending for more than a Month

Post by dkfranc » Tue, 23 Oct 2018 4:27 pm

Thank you for your insights. I don't think il be body shopped out to third party companies.
With immense joy, I say, my EP got approved today. My employer just confirmed that. :)