Singapore Expats

Maximum Occupant in HDB

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: Maximum Occupant in HDB

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 15 Oct 2018 5:25 pm

konzen1314 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
konzen1314 wrote:
yes it is location at the back of the kitchen.. it is a small room so i also not really sure whether this considered as room or bunker or what else.. But i would say that this unit should be maximum of 6 tenants (including guests) as it will not be limited at 4 people because when we sign the contract that time, we have register 5 people..and the contract will subjected with stamping, so if 5 people is over the limit, i guess the agent, HDB and owner will not allow it.. so safely bet maximum tenant for this unit is 6 people..

At this moment, i have dropped an email to HDB asking for their advice.. they have not get back to me on this matter.. if they really say this is not OK, then i guess i will show them the email and let me decide what they want to do.. I just want to live peacefully there.. :cry:
Why did you not going to the agent first before going to HDB?
The agent useless one.. Not cooperative at all.. When ask her something it takes forever to reply and confirm.. But in your case, you advise me to go to agent instead of hdb? But rest assured that I go to hdb asking about general enquiries only.. Not reporting them
You should ask your agent first to solve the issue. If the agent says unable to do, then report to HDB

konzen1314

Re: Maximum Occupant in HDB

Post by konzen1314 » Tue, 16 Oct 2018 6:12 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
konzen1314 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Why did you not going to the agent first before going to HDB?
The agent useless one.. Not cooperative at all.. When ask her something it takes forever to reply and confirm.. But in your case, you advise me to go to agent instead of hdb? But rest assured that I go to hdb asking about general enquiries only.. Not reporting them
You should ask your agent first to solve the issue. If the agent says unable to do, then report to HDB

Dear All,

After checking with hdb officer, they have confirmed that only eligible tenants can stay at the respective hdb.
Below is the email quoted from their reply

2 We would like to highlight that only eligible and registered tenants are allowed to reside in the HDB flat during the period of approved renting out. The maximum number of occupants allowed in a 4-room HDB flat is 6.

Yours sincerely

I hope this information can be a good guideline for all ppl here to prepare for family/friends accommodation..