Singapore Expats

EP: Can I travel in and out of Singapore (Malaysian Citizen & previous EP holder) while my new company applies for EP?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
mykh2711

EP: Can I travel in and out of Singapore (Malaysian Citizen & previous EP holder) while my new company applies for EP?

Post by mykh2711 » Mon, 15 Oct 2018 10:03 am

Hey all,

Just wanted to speak to some people who probably know a lot more than me. I'm switching jobs and my previous company has already cancelled my most recent EP which has given me the Visit Pass, I am Malaysian however, so I'm not sure if I need this? My new company has fortunately already submitted the new EP application and I'm currently waiting for a verdict on that. My question is while I'm waiting for a decision for my application am I cool to travel in and out of Singapore? Any help would mean the world. Thank you so much!

Bakulii
Regular
Regular

Re: EP: Can I travel in and out of Singapore (Malaysian Citizen & previous EP holder) while my new company applies for E

Post by Bakulii » Tue, 16 Oct 2018 10:54 am

I am just speaking from memory of my own experience about 12 years ago. When your EP is cancelled and you are automatically switched to a social visit pass, you will need to leave Singapore before the expiry of that social pass anyway. You can come back into Singapore via social pass before your next EP is approved.

Siv
Regular
Regular

Re: EP: Can I travel in and out of Singapore (Malaysian Citizen & previous EP holder) while my new company applies for E

Post by Siv » Wed, 17 Oct 2018 8:28 am

mykh2711 wrote:Hey all,

Just wanted to speak to some people who probably know a lot more than me. I'm switching jobs and my previous company has already cancelled my most recent EP which has given me the Visit Pass, I am Malaysian however, so I'm not sure if I need this? My new company has fortunately already submitted the new EP application and I'm currently waiting for a verdict on that. My question is while I'm waiting for a decision for my application am I cool to travel in and out of Singapore? Any help would mean the world. Thank you so much!
Wow, you cancelled your existing EP and THEN apply for new EP ?

Ballsy.

Most would get new EP approved and then cancel existing EP.

And dude, you're Malaysian. We can coast in and out of Singapore (for the most part), with no issues.

And now with no pesky white forms needed by ICA anymore, it's better

Siv.