Singapore Expats

IPA may expire before getting the EPass

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Kumar1992

IPA may expire before getting the EPass

Post by Kumar1992 » Tue, 09 Oct 2018 9:17 pm

Hi All,

There was a typo in 'period of study' field in IPA declaration form. During my MOM appointment for getting EPass, they asked me to raise a Isubmit for correcting that typo and come back once received the acknowledgement. And my consultancy has raised the Isubmit as well. My IPA is valid for 30 more days. But after submitting Isubmit, we received a mail saying 'your Isubmit will be processed by 45 days'.
Though MOM office staffs told me I will get acknowledgement within 3 weeks.
I am worried, If the Isubmit has taken more than 30 days to process (my IPA would get expired). In that time Can I stay in Singapore.
Note: During my MOM appointment, They have taken my thumb impression, photos and verified all my documents. Also they told only thing left is giving EPass. So My profile is already registered to EPass.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: IPA may expire before getting the EPass

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 10 Oct 2018 10:26 am

Kumar1992 wrote:Hi All,

There was a typo in 'period of study' field in IPA declaration form. During my MOM appointment for getting EPass, they asked me to raise a Isubmit for correcting that typo and come back once received the acknowledgement. And my consultancy has raised the Isubmit as well. My IPA is valid for 30 more days. But after submitting Isubmit, we received a mail saying 'your Isubmit will be processed by 45 days'.
Though MOM office staffs told me I will get acknowledgement within 3 weeks.
I am worried, If the Isubmit has taken more than 30 days to process (my IPA would get expired). In that time Can I stay in Singapore.
Note: During my MOM appointment, They have taken my thumb impression, photos and verified all my documents. Also they told only thing left is giving EPass. So My profile is already registered to EPass.
What VISA are you in Singapore now? If you inform MOM 1 week in advance they MIGHT give you a short term visit pass.

Kumar1992

Post by Kumar1992 » Wed, 10 Oct 2018 7:34 pm

Thanks for the quick reply.
I am on EPass. But I will get the EPass only when I received the acknowledgement.
Please guide me on How to get the short term visit pass.

Mgh

Post by Mgh » Thu, 06 Dec 2018 7:13 pm

Kumar1992 wrote:Thanks for the quick reply.
I am on EPass. But I will get the EPass only when I received the acknowledgement.
Please guide me on How to get the short term visit pass.

Hi Kumar,

How long did it take for you to get the acknowledgement?

Thanks!