Singapore Expats

Renouncing PR - Documents to submit

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Rafael_Nevy

Renouncing PR - Documents to submit

Post by Rafael_Nevy » Fri, 05 Oct 2018 2:06 am

Hi Friends,

I would like to renounce my Singapore PR and noticed a clause in official website which says:

"Any other relevant documents issued to you by the Singapore Government agencies such as ICA, Ministry of Defence, Minstry of Manpower, etc."

Can someone please clarify if I have to return my Singapore Driving license and expired LTVP of my parents as well? LTVP of my parents got expired few months back and they are not currently living in Singapore.

Thank you!

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Renouncing PR - Documents to submit

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 05 Oct 2018 3:23 pm

Rafael_Nevy wrote:Hi Friends,

I would like to renounce my Singapore PR and noticed a clause in official website which says:

"Any other relevant documents issued to you by the Singapore Government agencies such as ICA, Ministry of Defence, Minstry of Manpower, etc."

Can someone please clarify if I have to return my Singapore Driving license and expired LTVP of my parents as well? LTVP of my parents got expired few months back and they are not currently living in Singapore.

Thank you!
I think no need

yoongcy421

Post by yoongcy421 » Tue, 09 Oct 2018 1:23 pm

Want to know whether you are required to return the driving license too? Can keep us posted?

Bakulii
Regular
Regular

Post by Bakulii » Thu, 11 Oct 2018 3:00 pm

The Singapore driving license issued is pegged to either your NRIC or FIN. Logically, it will not be valid when you no longer hold either document

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 11 Oct 2018 10:06 pm

I sent back my drivers license along with NRIC. I probably didn't need to send drivers license as they kept it. Would have made a nice souvenir.

The only thing that matters is your NRIC card. They asked for copies of past documents as I recall but if you didn't have them it wouldn't make a difference.

yoongcy421

Post by yoongcy421 » Fri, 12 Oct 2018 12:19 am

Strong Eagle wrote:I sent back my drivers license along with NRIC. I probably didn't need to send drivers license as they kept it. Would have made a nice souvenir.

The only thing that matters is your NRIC card. They asked for copies of past documents as I recall but if you didn't have them it wouldn't make a difference.
I was wondering because SG driving license lasts forever (until you die) lol. And would be useful to have in other countries where the license is allowed.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Oct 2018 5:49 pm

I'd keep my Singapore Driver's license as it was issued to me, not as a PR but as a bog standard 30-day tourist visa holder. :-D They don't do that anymore, though. But there were thousands of us here with them. I had a class 2,3 & 4 License and was also qualified for the class 5 as well but the traffic police said that without an employment pass, there is no way you will be driving a prime mover. Valid point I guess. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Rafael_Nevy

Post by Rafael_Nevy » Wed, 17 Oct 2018 3:06 am

Thank you all for the replies, appreciate it.

I would definitely like to keep the Singapore License as a souvenir, so will not send it along with my renunciation application.

Can any of you please clarify, if I need to return my parent's expired LTVP passes?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 17 Oct 2018 10:58 am

Rafael_Nevy wrote:Thank you all for the replies, appreciate it.

I would definitely like to keep the Singapore License as a souvenir, so will not send it along with my renunciation application.

Can any of you please clarify, if I need to return my parent's expired LTVP passes?
If you have them with you, what is stopping you from returning them? Cant they post it to you?

Rafael_Nevy

Post by Rafael_Nevy » Wed, 17 Oct 2018 11:34 pm

Actually I don't have the expired LTVP passes with me and I'm thousands of miles away and I don't want to lose the LTVPs in mail.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 18 Oct 2018 1:18 am

One thing is for sure. If you don't send them and they want them, they will ask for them. The worst that happens is that you create a delay in your PR processing if the LTVP's matter. My guess is that since they are expired, they don't matter... they can't be used.

Rafael_Nevy

Post by Rafael_Nevy » Thu, 18 Oct 2018 9:43 pm

Thank you for the reply, appreciate it!