Singapore Expats Forum

CD player repair

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
SimonAttwood

CD player repair

Post by SimonAttwood » Tue, 02 Oct 2018 11:20 am

Hi all,

Recently moved to Singapore and in the relocation there was some damage to a few items. One of these is CD player - can anyone suggest a good hifi repair place please? We're located near Bueno Vista MRT/Star Vista area. Many thanks, Simon

Strong Eagle

Re: CD player repair

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 02 Oct 2018 11:54 am

I'd recommend some place in Sim Lim Tower... if you're new to Singapore, I'm sure it will be an experience.

SimonAttwood

Post by SimonAttwood » Tue, 02 Oct 2018 12:20 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:I'd recommend some place in Sim Lim Tower... if you're new to Singapore, I'm sure it will be an experience.
Thanks - this sounds both useful and intriguing......do you have the name of the store please? Thanks, Simon

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 02 Oct 2018 12:28 pm

SimonAttwood wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:I'd recommend some place in Sim Lim Tower... if you're new to Singapore, I'm sure it will be an experience.
Thanks - this sounds both useful and intriguing......do you have the name of the store please? Thanks, Simon
Sim Lim Tower on Jalan Besar, not to be confused with Sim Lim Square, caddy corner across the way at Bencoolen, is chock full of a variety of electronics parts and repair shops. Lower floors have bunches of auto sound stores and a handful of electronic parts stores. Upper floors have specialty electronics, more parts stores, and repair places, including (I don't know if it is still there) a place that repairs old tube amplifiers and receivers. You really have to take your broken player with you and hunt around until you find someone that thinks they can fix it. That's part of why it is an experience.

There are repair shops in the upper levels of Sim Lim Square, towards the back but they seem more focused on computers and phones... SLS is mostly a bangin' retail mall.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 02 Oct 2018 12:38 pm

You can see how useful the list of company names in SLT is in trying to narrow down your repair store.

https://www.simlimtower.sg/directory/