Singapore Expats Forum

help with french men!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sophia

help with french men!

Postby sophia » Thu, 03 Mar 2005 4:25 pm

hi all, i'm a local gal who's been dating a french guy for about 3 months and i think i really need some help into the french psyche! i've tried talking to him and his way of explaining is to say "c'est normale". argh!!

thanks!!

sophia

so?

Postby so? » Thu, 03 Mar 2005 4:38 pm

so, what is the problem?

guest888

french men

Postby guest888 » Thu, 03 Mar 2005 5:46 pm

his answer shud be "c' est la vie", THAT is LIFE or SUCH is life! Take it easy... drink some red wine and communication is better then 8) :lol: 8)

kiwi choc

Postby kiwi choc » Sun, 06 Mar 2005 11:19 am

I lived with one for two years. It needs getting used to. adjustments here and there...but we learnt from each other. I like to think I became less uptight (atypical of Singaporeans in general) and he is more organised and learnt that sometimes you just have to make plans in order to proceed with things.

Postby Guest » Mon, 07 Mar 2005 12:05 pm

I'm french, and I had been dating some locale girls. It's so weird, I think we are so different. But it's why I like it .
Gimme your mail if you want to discuss more.
And don't think a lot, just enjoy what you have !
... c'est la vie

Postby Guest » Mon, 07 Mar 2005 9:02 pm

Guest.... si c est trop bisarre avec les singapouriennes... pourquoi ne pas te tourner vers les jeunes filles europeennes, seules a Singapour?! il y en a plein, des comme moi... et nous, ca nous manque de ne pas pouvoir partager notre "vision europeenne" d une relationsip... ;)...
Si interesse, envoye moi un mail... 27 ans, a Singapour depuis plus d un an! Cheers
Light1_93@hotmail.com

sophia

Postby sophia » Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:33 pm

thanks for your replies!! yes i agree about the organisation bit!!! :shock: he says we'll do something on sunday but doesn't plan anything till sunday evening, despite my asking or suggesting alternatives!! i think i have lots more to learn and vice versa for him!!

kiwi choc

Postby kiwi choc » Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:42 pm

haha.....it must be agonizing for ya but take it in your stride. it can be fun and relaxing if you go with the flow. drop me a line at annecy_sailer@yahoo.com.sg if you want. cheers

Postby Guest » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 9:31 am

he said sunday, you did something sunday. What is the problem ? :lol:
I don't think this is a french behaviour. It's your boyfriend who's like this, who's not stressed and who enjoys slowly his life.
By the way, as kiwi said , "go with the flow", it's more funny. 8)

Et pour Mlle guest, je t'ecris un mail de suite. Par contre, je dois etre un peu jeune pour toi.

kiwi choc

Postby kiwi choc » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 5:25 pm

Je pense que il y a beaucoup les differences mai c'est interessant...oops i forgot my french :-)

luc skywalker

sing'pore

Postby luc skywalker » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 6:23 pm

HI, wud not mind joining this discussion. Quite interesting though. What about having a drink @ alley bar (emerald hill) on coming Wednesday eve ard 8pm? cheers. Bye.

kiwi choc

Postby kiwi choc » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:31 pm

avec plaisir. clash of the two civilisations haha. who else's coming along?

eh+lah

Postby eh+lah » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:34 pm

j'ai eu plaisir à lire ce entretien :) c'était très intéressant!

kiwi choc

Postby kiwi choc » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:58 pm

this topic makes me recall all the things that happened during the two years I lived together with my ex-boyfriend who is french. its funny but I really took the situation in my stride and whilst there were differences in our approach to things and all, we never fight about such differences but were amused most of the time. I remember how he thought he could just decide on friday we are going off for hols over the weekend but I told him, non non...the flights would be fully booked. He didn't believe me at first and then once's bitten twice shy...the next few times we had our vacation, he urged me to book them way in advance!

So just embrace the differences, learn from them and learn to laugh at them. :-)

eh+lah

Postby eh+lah » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 5:32 am

well it's changed a lot i've heard $20 air fare to bangkok? wow. airasia or something. hmm vive la différence!