Singapore Expats

Feedback on chances of PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
gmanhella

Feedback on chances of PR application

Post by gmanhella » Tue, 25 Sep 2018 12:52 pm

I am planning to apply for PR and was wondering what would be my chances?

Race: Indian
Married to a Singaporean Chinese woman for about 6 months.
Living in Singapore for over the last 3 years.
Education: Bachelor's and Master's at top business schools in the US (including a double degree with SMU)
Salary: Base: SGD 6K/month (on EP)
Most of my income is derived from dividend/capital gains as I am an equity holder at my investment firm.

My wife works for a large Singaporean organization in their global sales department. She is a college grad (NTU) with a salary of SGD 5.5k.

We are looking to buy an EC soon, the only impediment right now seems to be my non-PR status so trying to get an understanding.

Thanks a lot.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: Feedback on chances of PR application

Post by singaporeflyer » Thu, 27 Sep 2018 6:57 pm

gmanhella wrote:I am planning to apply for PR and was wondering what would be my chances?

Race: Indian
Married to a Singaporean Chinese woman for about 6 months.
Living in Singapore for over the last 3 years.
Education: Bachelor's and Master's at top business schools in the US (including a double degree with SMU)
Salary: Base: SGD 6K/month (on EP)
Most of my income is derived from dividend/capital gains as I am an equity holder at my investment firm.

My wife works for a large Singaporean organization in their global sales department. She is a college grad (NTU) with a salary of SGD 5.5k.

We are looking to buy an EC soon, the only impediment right now seems to be my non-PR status so trying to get an understanding.

Thanks a lot.
You will have a fair chance only after being married to a SC for 2 years or after you have a kid.

If you apply for PR via the PTS Scheme, your salary is on the lower side when compared in parallel with your educational qualification

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Sep 2018 8:09 pm

Yep, and if you apply early, you will look like you married just so you could get permanent residency. Wait 2 years or 3 tax assessments
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

inseperablz

Post by inseperablz » Fri, 28 Sep 2018 2:26 pm

Hi

Profile : Indian
In Singapore : 10 yrs+
Education: Masters in Singapore - Private institution under Student Pass
Current pass: EP
Family : DP
Kid 1 girl: Doing K2
Kid 2 boy: 1 Yr
wife : house wife

i have applied pr 3 times with my family (My wife & my daughter) earlier & got rejected. My last application took 1 year & rejected stating continue with my current pass.

Now applied again this May 18 after 2 years gap with my family (My wife, daughter & son) . There has been increase in my salary from my last application. working in the same company for 9 yrs. Have been contributing Donation to Homes Volunteering in Red Cross, Blood Donations. paying tax on time.

Kindly feedback on my chances

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 28 Sep 2018 3:35 pm

inseperablz wrote:Hi

i have applied pr 3 times with my family (My wife & my daughter) earlier & got rejected. My last application took 1 year & rejected stating continue with my current pass.

Now applied again this May 18 after 2 years gap with my family (My wife, daughter & son) . There has been increase in my salary from my last application. working in the same company for 9 yrs. Have been contributing Donation to Homes Volunteering in Red Cross, Blood Donations. paying tax on time.

What was your salary in the previous application and in the current application?
What do you work as?
How often do you contribute to homes and red cross?
Paying Tax on time - Everyone who is assessed to pay tax, MUST pay. So paying tax on time and all has 0 weightage in your application. How much Tax you pay will have weightage.

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Post by jamie9vardy » Fri, 28 Sep 2018 6:22 pm

Blood and Red Cross donations alone may not be sufficient. Have you been breaking enough coconuts in the temple?

Ok, jokes aside. If you refer to the latest stats released by the gahmen just yesterday and work out the math, you probably can get the answer.

Of the new PR granted last year, 10,128 of them are from ‘Other Asian’ countries, which include where you came from. Let’s take 50% of the 10,128 spots away and give them to the PRC, HK and maybe Taiwanese, you should be able to work out how many spots are left for you and your compatriots.

Nevertheless, good luck!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 28 Sep 2018 6:45 pm

jamie9vardy wrote:

Blood and Red Cross donations alone may not be sufficient. Have you been breaking enough coconuts in the temple?

Ok, jokes aside. If you refer to the latest stats released by the gahmen just yesterday and work out the math, you probably can get the answer.

Of the new PR granted last year, 10,128 of them are from ‘Other Asian’ countries, which include where you came from. Let’s take 50% of the 10,128 spots away and give them to the PRC, HK and maybe Taiwanese, you should be able to work out how many spots are left for you and your compatriots.

Nevertheless, good luck!
You cant just count like that. Preference will be given to spouse of SC and PR along with the race category and even that counts in the same quota.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Sep 2018 10:54 pm

True, SF, but you CAN use it as a good general guideline as the percentages having Singapore/PR Spouses are a minor subset of the major groupings. If you have a Local/PR spouse, give yourself an extra 2 points. But again, this depends on the gender of the local spouse. If it's a male local spouse add two point, if it's a female local spouse, take away 1 point as Singapore is a patriarchal society so Immigration looks at mixed nationality couples as the female spouse will follow the male spouse, but doubtful the reverse. So, why give a male FT pr if married to the local female? If a good job comes up, he's gone and she will normally follow, so it was a waste of an allocation for a PR slot.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers