Singapore Expats

EP renewal rejected, PR application pending

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
saq4evr

EP renewal rejected, PR application pending

Post by saq4evr » Mon, 24 Sep 2018 12:07 pm

Hi Everyone,

By way of introduction, I am an Indian expat, working in Singapore since November 2015.
Recently my employer applied for renewal since my EP was expiring in Oct; however unfortunately it was rejected, appeal didn't worked too.

Meanwhile, I applied for PR application that is hardly 3 weeks now and not sure if its going to approve anytime soon. May I know if I have any options which I need to look at?

Welcome suggestions.

Many Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: EP renewal rejected, PR application pending

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Sep 2018 3:49 pm

Possibly, without knowing the reason for the rejection, I would think your best option might be to explore returning to India as you will not be able to get PR without a job. Wouldn't make too much sense on the government's part would it. You need to inform ICA if your status changes, e.g., you have lost your job, if you don't let them know, you can kiss any chance of PR goodbye. You need to worry more about getting a job than getting PR at the moment. Even if you get a new position, it will take longer to see if you will get PR as you will need to be at your new employer around 6 months before you will stand a chance. (that's providing you can find a new employer). PR will take a minimum of 6 months up to 18 or more months so that should be the least worry you have at the moment.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

saq4evr

Re: EP renewal rejected, PR application pending

Post by saq4evr » Mon, 24 Sep 2018 4:05 pm

Thanks for your kind response. Completely understood your opinion. So before leaving Singapore I will inform ICA on my current status and get a job in India.

Thanks again.