Singapore Expats

Stay on for job search after cancellation of EP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Pj2018

Stay on for job search after cancellation of EP

Post by Pj2018 » Sat, 22 Sep 2018 1:34 pm

Hi,

Wasn’t able to find a relevant thread, so posted a new one.

I rendered my resignation because of differences with my boss and started serving my notice while looking for a job. My last day at my current job is mid next week and I am yet to get a new offer. I understand my EP will be cancelled on my last day. My questions are:

- for how Long after my EP is cancelled can I stay in SG to keep my job search on
- Is there a way to get it extended after the expiry of above
- Do I need to complete any formality with the MoM or will it be automatic
- With the short term pass can I move in & out of SG within the validity period
- What happens to the LoC of my dependent after my EP is cancelled. Will she be allowed to work for the remaining period?

jdkexpat

Re: Stay on for job search after cancellation of EP

Post by jdkexpat » Sat, 22 Sep 2018 2:31 pm

Pj2018 wrote:Hi,

Wasn’t able to find a relevant thread, so posted a new one.

I rendered my resignation because of differences with my boss and started serving my notice while looking for a job. My last day at my current job is mid next week and I am yet to get a new offer. I understand my EP will be cancelled on my last day. My questions are:

- for how Long after my EP is cancelled can I stay in SG to keep my job search on
- Is there a way to get it extended after the expiry of above
- Do I need to complete any formality with the MoM or will it be automatic
- With the short term pass can I move in & out of SG within the validity period
- What happens to the LoC of my dependent after my EP is cancelled. Will she be allowed to work for the remaining period?
- You will get 30 days visit pass after you EP is cancelled, using which you can stay in Singapore to complete any formalities, closing bank accounts, loans, etc.
- Dependant's LoC also gets cancelled on the same day the EP is cancelled, which means your dependant can no longer work here but will also receive a 30 days visit pass.
- You can still apply for jobs during the 30 days you are here, but I suggest you to find one before the EP is cancelled.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Sep 2018 9:17 am

In addition to the above, be advised that your work pass cancellation social visit pass of 30 days is NOT extendable and will require a trip back to your country of origin before returning. Don't think about going to Batam or JB and try to do a visa turn-around. You will then find yourself possible banned for 6 months or even longer depending on which country you originate from.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Pj2018

Post by Pj2018 » Mon, 24 Sep 2018 9:25 am

Thanks @jdkexpat

@Sundaymorningstaple Would I need to apply a tourist visa after 30 days from my country of birth or can I apply a relevant visa from here.

Also is it possible to travel in and out of country like usual during these 30 days?

Also what happens if I manage to secure a job within 30 days but the IPA doesn’t come within the period. Do I need to go back n wait for it to get approved and enter only upon receipt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Sep 2018 10:33 am

Pj2018 wrote:Thanks @jdkexpat

@Sundaymorningstaple Would I need to apply a tourist visa after 30 days from my country of birth or can I apply a relevant visa from here.

You will need to leave Singapore and apply for a new visa from home. However, after returning to Singapore on a normal visa (not a cancellation visa) then you can apply for an extension or whatever while here. The cancellation SVP visa is non-extendable.

Also is it possible to travel in and out of country like usual during these 30 days?

No.

Also what happens if I manage to secure a job within 30 days but the IPA doesn’t come within the period. Do I need to go back n wait for it to get approved and enter only upon receipt.

Yes. or you can apply for a normal SVP and return, but then you take the chance of having that visa expire while waiting as well. It would be cheaper to wait at home I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers