Singapore Expats

Need advice for my REP renewal

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
arjunareddy02

Need advice for my REP renewal

Post by arjunareddy02 » Thu, 20 Sep 2018 8:13 pm

Hi all my REP is going to renewal in December 2018 and now IAM in overseas and doing my further study in India and when apply for renewal I got a mail from ICA officer and asking for a letter from University stating that what course and date of graduation am doing now my doubt is what information that I should mention in that letter do I need to mention the university email and phone number and roll number? And any other information should I put in that letter to convince to that ICA officer please advise thanks

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Need advice for my REP renewal

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 20 Sep 2018 8:39 pm

The University needs to send a letter on their letterhead so that the university, its address, and its contact information can be verified. You do not send the letter. And there better be a name of a person on that letter that the ICA can contact if they want to follow up.

They need to provide sufficient information about you... your full name, your date of birth, the courses you are taking, and the dates of attendance so that ICA can be assured that the university is reporting about you and not someone else.

See... the ICA wants to make sure they are not being scammed. They want to know that the university is legitimate and not made up, or something that doesn't qualify as a uni for Singapore authorities.

They want to know that you are taking real courses at a real uni and aren't just abusing your PR by living overseas.

So... you give them everything you can think of to convince ICA that you are a legitimate student at a legitimate university. Anything less, and I predict you don't get a REP renewal.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Need advice for my REP renewal

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 21 Sep 2018 8:21 am

At least ICA are giving you a chance. This means they haven't written you off for PR. Good info to know.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!