Singapore Expats

Experience living on the ground floor in Tiong Bahru?

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
scubacorn

Experience living on the ground floor in Tiong Bahru?

Post by scubacorn » Thu, 20 Sep 2018 7:34 pm

Hello,
Does anybody have experience living in a ground floor property in Tiong Bahru? I saw an apartment I really like but I wonder whether there are a lot of cockroaches or rats or other pest in the area.
Any advice welcome!
Cheers

Search By

babyballer

Re: Experience living on the ground floor in Tiong Bahru?

Post by babyballer » Thu, 20 Sep 2018 10:45 pm

I stayed in Tiong Bahru 10 years ago. However, I stayed in the third floor. Just to give you a perspective based on a decade old experience, I think you won't see too many cockroaches or rats. What you will see are cats and lotsa cats. It is so much that their urine and feces are almost everywhere in Tiong Bahru. I went there recently and I think the situation is more or less the same.

Ace864

Re: Experience living on the ground floor in Tiong Bahru?

Post by Ace864 » Thu, 26 Nov 2020 6:19 pm

I used to live there about five years ago. The area has changed completely. There are indeed fewer rats or cockroaches and a lot of cats. I don’t mind living with cats, but still, for me, the ground floor was not the best option. If I had a choice, I would prefer to live on the second or third floors. However, my friends stay on the ground floor. They renovated their apartment and added raised access flooring. It helped them to zone out their living space. Moreover, they had better isolation for some wires, and it helped them to hide them better. The apartment started to look way better and more tidy and really cute.