Singapore Expats

Young Person looking for short term work

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
akeith1

Young Person looking for short term work

Post by akeith1 » Tue, 18 Sep 2018 4:40 pm

Hi

I'm moving out to Singapore in November on a Work Holiday Pass which allows 6 months of work without needing visa sponsorship.

I'm looking for work in any field that is happy to employ for only 6 months.

I have 3 years experience in B2B and B2C sales, which are extremely transferrable skills. I'm also fluent in French and have a good level of Spanish.

Ideally the work I find would be good enough that at the end of the 6 months they would sponsor me full time!

Looking for any tips/recommendations/suggestions!

Thanks
Alicia

MariaGiovanni

Re: Young Person looking for short term work

Post by MariaGiovanni » Fri, 28 Sep 2018 9:52 am

Hi,

Not sure if I can help but if you're interested try to look around linkedin? Depending on your skill level you can try poking around job search websites but I think that it would indeed be difficult to find a local company that would sponsor a foreigner unless you're in the business of translation (?) -- this is my assumption.

Local companies have a quota in terms of number of foreigners that they can hire per x number of locals if I'm not wrong.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Young Person looking for short term work

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Sep 2018 1:18 pm

The only quotas are for S Pass and Work Permits. There is no quota on Employment Passes, but the criteria is much more stringent.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers