Singapore Expats

ENDLESS OPERATION FOR PUS FOUND IN LEG

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
helpleen

ENDLESS OPERATION FOR PUS FOUND IN LEG

Post by helpleen » Tue, 18 Sep 2018 11:42 am

Hi All,

I need some experts’ advice. My dad who has diabetes was admitted to a hospital with swollen leg and after doing tons of testing & scanning they found pus in his upper thigh. Thus during the first operation the doctor have remove those pus and bring it to examine it. After which they have given my dad antibiotics name Cloxacillin. However during second operation they still found pus and now it is extending to his calf area. The same antibiotics was given to him, however during the third operation they still found pus in his leg and now it has been extended to his buttock area.

During all 3 operations, surgeons have remove the pus, his dead tissue and dead muscles.

In such situation, if there are pus in the leg does he need to keep going for operation to remove the pus till is completing gone? According to the doctor his wound is extensive thus after each operating they will using the negative pressure dressing to cover up the wound.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: ENDLESS OPERATION FOR PUS FOUND IN LEG

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Sep 2018 12:46 pm

No. Eventually, they will have to amputate his leg, like so many diabetics, who refuse to abide by the doctor's advice with regard to diet.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

helpleen

Post by helpleen » Tue, 18 Sep 2018 12:50 pm

But he have been staying in the hospital for 1 week plus and follow closely with the doctor on his diets. So for his blood sugar level is consider as acceptable.
sundaymorningstaple wrote:No. Eventually, they will have to amputate his leg, like so many diabetics, who refuse to abide by the doctor's advice with regard to diet.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 18 Sep 2018 2:42 pm

He might have a super bug (antibiotic resistant infection). Also his circulation and general immunity are probably greatly compromised. Diabetes does it's damage over many years... not just in one week.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

helpleen

Post by helpleen » Tue, 18 Sep 2018 3:05 pm

Does anyone know how good is Cloxacillin?

Ju-li

Post by Ju-li » Sun, 28 Oct 2018 11:28 pm

Hi, how is your father? I feel sad reading your post. Having a leg amputated is serious. I have read that Resveratrol is beneficial to patients with diabetes. You may want to check out more?