Singapore Expats

PR Application, how bad are my chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Sixtwofive

PR Application, how bad are my chances

Post by Sixtwofive » Mon, 17 Sep 2018 5:20 pm

Hi all, I understand PR application is tough, me and my wife tried before with different methods (separate applications before we got married, applied as a family when our son was born, and another solo application a few years back for myself)

Having been here in Singapore for 10 years, and now, with PR application being online (hence application is faster albeit need to pay) we tried again. Heres the application profile:

Application is under me (my wife stopped working to take care of our son who is in P1 at a private school, so they are both on DP)

Nationality : Filipino
Pass type : S-Pass
Annual income : S$75k + Bonus (usually 2-3 months)
Field : Construction (Interior Design)
Designation : Associate Director
years in SG : 10 years 5 months

I know its going to be tough, may even be impossible to get given my profile, but I'd like to hear your thoughts please. What do you think should I improve (profile wise) if I want a shot at getting it?

I applied last May 2018, status now is still pending

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Re: PR Application, how bad are my chances

Post by singaporeflyer » Mon, 17 Sep 2018 10:09 pm

Sixtwofive wrote:Hi all, I understand PR application is tough, me and my wife tried before with different methods (separate applications before we got married, applied as a family when our son was born, and another solo application a few years back for myself)

Having been here in Singapore for 10 years, and now, with PR application being online (hence application is faster albeit need to pay) we tried again. Heres the application profile:

Application is under me (my wife stopped working to take care of our son who is in P1 at a private school, so they are both on DP)

Nationality : Filipino
Pass type : S-Pass
Annual income : S$75k + Bonus (usually 2-3 months)
Field : Construction (Interior Design)
Designation : Associate Director
years in SG : 10 years 5 months

I know its going to be tough, may even be impossible to get given my profile, but I'd like to hear your thoughts please. What do you think should I improve (profile wise) if I want a shot at getting it?

I applied last May 2018, status now is still pending
Being under S Pass and with the salary which you have quoted, chances is going to be very low

Sixtwofive

Post by Sixtwofive » Mon, 17 Sep 2018 11:44 pm

Thanks..i figured nationality, pass type and salary works against my favor. What's the bare minimum salary for chance to be better? Or is an EP a must? Reason being i refuse to "upgrade" to EP given the always increasing minimum salary to be granted an EP given my years of experience.The jumps lately have been huge! Last time i only needed $5.5k but now its $7k for an EP. Who knows next time it will be $10k which is very high in my field/sector

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 17 Sep 2018 11:52 pm

Pass type isn't really an issue. Salary at least 4.5 to 5K sufficient. We see this all the time. Nationality is your big problem. I don't like to say it, but facts be facts. I just lost a young man who has been with my company for 8 years. He's Malaysian and was on a WP and making less than 3K. His wife is a PR, also from M'sia. He just got PR. and of course, resigned less than two months later (typical). But it just goes to show that there are other things that come into play. He is Malaysian Chinese. But only has an SPM (N levels). But he is the favoured race and nationality to source from.

But having said that, keep plugging away and you may get lucky if they see and recognize the persistence. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sixtwofive

Post by Sixtwofive » Tue, 18 Sep 2018 12:11 am

Few years back. My colleague (single Malaysian chinese) applied the same time as me. She was a junior designer while i was a senior designer then. I had more years of experience than her. I told her my application would get rejected and hers will get approved. True enough, she got her approval after 3 months and i got my rejection 2 months later

I wonder if the essay about accomplishments help as i did elaborate then how i started as a junior designer with my current company 6 years ago and made my way up to senior designer and now associate director (and basically running yhe design studio now.) through work ethics and dedication to my profession and how i also help mentor my colleagues to help them grow in their careers

Oh well, only time will tell