Singapore Expats Forum

Visiting Singapore without IPA

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:
Image
The Club Residences

upwef
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 13 Sep 2018

Visiting Singapore without IPA

Postby upwef » Thu, 13 Sep 2018 11:41 pm

I already had my IPA letter issued by MOM last week and the plan is to present it to the immigration officer next month (Oct) when I arrive in SG to start working. My question is: If I make a 1 day trip to SG next week without showing the IPA letter to the immigration officer (will use my Indonesian passport to enter), will there be any issue later on when I enter SG by using the IPA on October?
Thanks!

omg88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 13 Sep 2018

Re: Visiting Singapore without IPA

Postby omg88 » Mon, 17 Sep 2018 12:09 pm

upwef wrote:I already had my IPA letter issued by MOM last week and the plan is to present it to the immigration officer next month (Oct) when I arrive in SG to start working. My question is: If I make a 1 day trip to SG next week without showing the IPA letter to the immigration officer (will use my Indonesian passport to enter), will there be any issue later on when I enter SG by using the IPA on October?
Thanks!



I believe that even if you do not present ur IPA, the officer will still be able to see that u have a IPA issued. so they may ask you for it.

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1532
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Re: Visiting Singapore without IPA

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 17 Sep 2018 1:51 pm

omg88 wrote:
upwef wrote:I already had my IPA letter issued by MOM last week and the plan is to present it to the immigration officer next month (Oct) when I arrive in SG to start working. My question is: If I make a 1 day trip to SG next week without showing the IPA letter to the immigration officer (will use my Indonesian passport to enter), will there be any issue later on when I enter SG by using the IPA on October?
Thanks!



I believe that even if you do not present ur IPA, the officer will still be able to see that u have a IPA issued. so they may ask you for it.


if you are not sure, please do not give wrong advise. They know that he has an IPA, does not mean they will ask for it. He can enter SG on a normal social visit pass.
Last edited by singaporeflyer on Mon, 17 Sep 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

omg88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu, 13 Sep 2018

Re: Visiting Singapore without IPA

Postby omg88 » Mon, 17 Sep 2018 2:03 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
omg88 wrote:
upwef wrote:I already had my IPA letter issued by MOM last week and the plan is to present it to the immigration officer next month (Oct) when I arrive in SG to start working. My question is: If I make a 1 day trip to SG next week without showing the IPA letter to the immigration officer (will use my Indonesian passport to enter), will there be any issue later on when I enter SG by using the IPA on October?
Thanks!



I believe that even if you do not present ur IPA, the officer will still be able to see that u have a IPA issued. so they may ask you for it.


if you are not sure, please do not give wrong advise. They know he will have an IPA, does not mean they will ask for it. He can enter SG on a normal social visit pass.



hi .. yes i have not experienced it first hand. but i have friends who have entered singapore with approved IPA and they said they were asked to produce it. but as i have mentioned in my previous reply "they MAY ask for it" . i did not say that they will definitely ask for it. just for OP to be prepared IF they were to ask for it.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest