Singapore Expats Forum

Dinner Sets / Dinnerware

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

howya

Dinner Sets / Dinnerware

Postby howya » Thu, 03 Mar 2005 10:57 am

I have been looking to buy a dinner set here in Singapore but I don't know where to look. Robinsons have some but it isn't a great selection and Tangs have a large selection but it's all very old style.

I am looking for something kind of a unique, asian, modern.

Any ideas of where to look? any good shops you know of?

Thanks

:)

junikaart

Postby junikaart » Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:36 pm

try takashimaya.

beenhere10years

Postby beenhere10years » Sat, 19 Mar 2005 9:19 am

don't you know about the cheap-plate-place?

it's off upper thompson road in the tagore godown, may be on tagore lane. not sure.

not even sure of the name, look for their ad, its always in 'the finder.'

they have a ton of everday dishes for dirt cheap. good luck.

chigemini

Postby chigemini » Tue, 29 Mar 2005 6:20 pm

I think beenhere10years may be referring to Java Enterprise. They're featured in the April issue of "Simply Her" magazine as a warehouse bargain.

Java Enterprise
25 Tagore Lane
Tel: 5452-2780

Getting there: Buses 138, 167, 169, 980. The warehouse is supposed to be tucked away in an industrial area. Taxis aren't very plentiful.

Howya, if you go, would you mind posting your impressions of the place? I've been shopping for dinnerware too. And so far liked the selection at Takashimaya best, but haven't looked around extensively.

kazbo

Java

Postby kazbo » Fri, 01 Apr 2005 3:11 pm

I have been there and they have quite a range. Also have platters and gets xmas items at the end of the year. Range changes quite a bit as they get containers often. Recently purchased full set for 8 setting for SGD60. Worth a look. With some you need to go thru until you find the better quality dishes. Also has box sets. Open on weekends