Singapore Expats Forum

any changes in sg immigration?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

checking for calvin

any changes in sg immigration?

Postby checking for calvin » Thu, 03 Mar 2005 8:21 am

My cousin is a Malaysian,he has been doing the visa run thingy via Woodlands/JB since April 03. Lately he noticed that Sg immigration only allows him a total stay of average 30 days since Nov 04 instead of the previous 60 days for Malaysians and is very troubled by this.

Is there such thing as whereby if one has stayed for more than 1 yr in SG under travel visa/visit pass/visa run,he or she will be subjected to discrimination/blacklist by immigration and they will cut short his or her stay in Sg despite the fact that the person fullfills the 1 mth out after 60 days in Sg? Or as per now ie 30 days in SG, 30 days out n then come in again?

If a person has been barred from entering Sg once due to 60 days policy n nothnig else,does it mean that this person will be blacklisted forever under Sg immigration database?is there a way or what could this person do to de black himself?

Anyone has a better idea on how to do the visa run without being too obvious ie sticking to 60days in n then 30 days out etc?

Tq for answering all qs, it will certainly help my cousin, I hate to c him so depressed

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Thu, 03 Mar 2005 8:20 pm

No reassurance from me. Your "cousin" (you?) is presumably working in Singapore without a work visa, which isn't allowed, and that's what the restrictions are meant to weed out. It's a matter of time until your cousin gets stopped and asked some hard questions.

So my question is, what is your cousin doing in Sg in the first place, and why can't he get a real visa from his employer?