Singapore Expats Forum

convert view cam tape to cd - how to?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

cd

Postby cd » Sat, 09 Aug 2003 10:43 am

Hi, I m intending to convert my view cam tape(small tape) to CD, does anyone know any good recommendations? And can i do editing , add music, picture to it? And wat is the norm price?

Cam

Postby Cam » Fri, 17 Sep 2004 1:20 am

Hope this is a case of better late than never!

These days you can do just about everything with a PC (or mac).

I'm assuming you have a desktop machine?

Being in singapore is fortunate as most of the hardware is cheap cheap!

If you want to put music in and edit your work then you can download some free applicatins such as 'avid free dv'. It may have facilities to burn svcd's or vcd's. If not there's Nero burning rom which is reasonably cheap but has a lot of facilities. It might come to about S$150? I'm still in the uk, so not up on exchange rates (3:1?). Or [web]http://www.deepburner.com[/web] has a free burning software pack (or so I've read).

CD burners are now dirt cheap.

Also, is your cam digital or analogue?

If you have digital then you can use firewire to transfer your footage (depending on your cam's features), otherwise use an analogue to digital converter. They come in pci or external formats. These too should be cheap - S$100 - maybe?

Look around simlim square (bencoolen st). But do your research on prices as these guys will try to make as much profit as possible :!:

Hope this helps,

Cam.

dragonboat

Postby dragonboat » Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:00 am

You will probably need a video capture card to covert analog signal from your video cam to digital signal before you can burn it on your cd writer. check it out at www.snazzi.com

starfantasy84
Regular
Regular

Postby starfantasy84 » Tue, 21 Sep 2004 9:58 am

If you do not want to do it yourself, I believe i saw shops providing that kind of services. Just to let you know there are shops available. Details think you might have to check it out. :D