Singapore Expats

Employment pass without academic certificate

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun, 02 Sep 2018 9:55 pm

Employment pass without academic certificate

Post by octopitus » Sun, 02 Sep 2018 10:39 pm

Hi folks,

I've just got an job offer to work in Singapore as software engineer. Everything runs smoothly until I need to complete the EP form, found out that academic certificate is key criterion in the assessment.

I learned computer science in a university in HCM City, even though I finished my studies but I haven't received the certificate yet. My university requires all students to work on community service at least 15 days to get it. At that time, I received a job offer in a small startup company. Certificates aren't required in most of the tech companies in Vietnam, so I think it wasn't necessary and totally forgot.

It was 4 years since then and I haven't returned to my university to finish it. I tried to contact my university a few times to ask is there a chance but I wasn't lucky.

So, my questions are:
- In part 5 of the EP form (FOREIGN EMPLOYEE’S EDUCATION / MEMBERSHIP DETAILS), should I leave it blank since I actually don't have any certificate/qualification.
- Is there any chance for me to get EP without academic certificate?


Some side notes:
- I have 4 years of experience.
- My basic salary is > 5500SGD/month.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests