Singapore Expats Forum

need some fresh air *~*

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!

need some fresh air *~*

Postby Guest » Wed, 02 Mar 2005 3:18 pm

helooooooooo guys......
what to do this friday.....kinda bored with the routines....
any good ideas??? any nice folks out there?

^^breathless^^

FNFC

Postby FNFC » Wed, 02 Mar 2005 9:47 pm

Hi, want to join us next Friday 11th for the FNFC?

Send me an email at fnfcsingapore@hotmail.com and I'll send you the information.

M

spotty80

Agree

Postby spotty80 » Wed, 02 Mar 2005 10:11 pm

ya man.......
yawnzyawnz bored to death...........

Allibert

or you could

Postby Allibert » Thu, 03 Mar 2005 12:34 am

join us for bowling

Alan

moloch71
Regular
Regular

bowling

Postby moloch71 » Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:11 am

I've been in Singapore for over two weeks now, I've yet to see any bowling venues......

The popular sports here it seem to be tennis and soccer. Tennis I haven't played in years, and I wasnt very good.
Soccer (football), I'm very interested in. But you can hardly walk up to a street game and ask to be included ! :(

Why is it the only people who seem to be interested in striking up any conversation is food vendors ? :roll:

UPDATE: Fortunately for me, I actually managed to land a game of bowling with Alan (previous post) last Friday, yippee !
Recommend it to anyone at any level of skill :)
Last edited by moloch71 on Sun, 06 Mar 2005 11:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

monstergal
Regular
Regular

Postby monstergal » Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:54 pm

you would be quite surprised....you can always ask for a game when it comes to street soccer...if you are interested i know of someone who may want to play with you or you can join him. let me know...

ps: where are you residing in singapore? north, south, east, west?

moloch71
Regular
Regular

Postby moloch71 » Sun, 06 Mar 2005 10:52 am

I'm staying way out east. Played soccer since I was 7, most of that as a goalkeeper (some say I am better built for rugby, look at the picture!)

Now days I've been playing more 5-side soccer, it requires less time commitment from a busy life, and the game/skills are far more decisive in the outcome.

I would still have a go at outdoors tho! :D

Monstergal: Although, reading some of the other threads, I'm really surprised that womens/mixed soccer hasnt taken off here.... :shock:
Attachments
soccer.jpg
(7.18 KiB) Downloaded 163 times

eh+lah

Postby eh+lah » Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:41 pm

moloch unfortunately, co-ed games aren't the rage here in asia. always tends to be more conservative and segregated. sucks but it's true. games bring out the keen competitiveness in women :)

moloch71
Regular
Regular

Postby moloch71 » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 8:56 am

I've actually played co-ed soccer a few times.

When I was a junior, one of the best forwards was a girl, she had admirable skill. Unfortunately the local rules was she couldnt continue past age 14. Big shame that was.

Later in another comp, it was uncommon for girls to play as goal keepers. It kept them away from the bump and collisions of running after the ball. Although I never saw a great player there.

And lastly, when I was at university, playing inter-house competition, one of the foreign exhange students from the USA played winger. She had excellent skills, just so long as she was quick enough on her light feet to stay away from anyone tackling her !

I don't find girls more or less competitive than guys, they just want to have a go and enjoy fun like the rest of us. :D

Postby Guest » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 10:07 am

moloch totally :) now why don't the girls in singapore start doing that?