Singapore Expats Forum

indian MBA'S IN SINGAPORE

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
sonia

indian MBA'S IN SINGAPORE

Postby sonia » Wed, 02 Mar 2005 3:06 pm

THIS IS A CALL FOR ALL B SCHOOL GGRADUATES OF INDIA,LETS SHARE OUR IDEAS AND HECTY LIFE SCHEDULES......

Indian Expat Banker

Indian MBA's in Singapore

Postby Indian Expat Banker » Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:40 am

Hi Sonia,

That is a good initiative. Mail me at: reach_nikhil2000@yahoo.com.sg

Lets form a gang !

suni

Postby suni » Sat, 05 Mar 2005 10:40 am

so are u doing MBA from Singapore? which univ and how much is cost of tuition? whats procedure for getting visa-employment pass or student pass?

ram

Doing My MBA here

Postby ram » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 4:35 pm

I'm doing my MBA here with a US University in Singapore.... very affordable course fee. No examination and all assignment based. Interactive classroom learning... good networking...
Can call them at 62210316. Nice people to work with.
Ravi

PhantomX

Re: Doing My MBA here

Postby PhantomX » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 4:54 pm

ram wrote:I'm doing my MBA here with a US University in Singapore.... very affordable course fee. No examination and all assignment based. Interactive classroom learning... good networking...
Can call them at 62210316. Nice people to work with.
Ravi

Curious to find out whether your instituition is on the list of recognised ones in the Singapore context. Have you checked it out?

Postby Guest » Fri, 11 Mar 2005 10:02 pm

In singapore's ministry of education web site, it stated clearly that the government does not offer any official listing of so-called recognized university. it stated clearly that recognizition is all depends on the employers themselves.
I worked in a Fortune 500 US company and my company is sponsor 50% of my course fee in this course.... so what do you think?
.... my HR manager told me it is more important what MBA course is about you can learn out of the course and not so much on the ranking , etc... of the university.

Postby Guest » Sat, 12 Mar 2005 12:51 am

Anonymous wrote:In singapore's ministry of education web site, it stated clearly that the government does not offer any official listing of so-called recognized university. it stated clearly that recognizition is all depends on the employers themselves.
I worked in a Fortune 500 US company and my company is sponsor 50% of my course fee in this course.... so what do you think?
.... my HR manager told me it is more important what MBA course is about you can learn out of the course and not so much on the ranking , etc... of the university.

Well while there is no official list of sanctioned universities there is a list of non sanctioned ones :!:

sonia

nkf

Postby sonia » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 5:55 pm

hi i may go to nkf singapore as trainee,does anyone work there or know about the life of MBAS IN THERE?

Ranking Does not matter

Postby Guest » Sun, 13 Mar 2005 9:34 pm

To the person whose HR manager said "ranking does not matter, it is what you learn from it". DO NOT BELIEVE IT!! There are thousands of MBA school out there, recruiters put heavy emphasis on where you got your degree, especially if you are a younger professional. I went to a top MBA program in the US, and was able to get a 300% increase in salary through a new job. Your HR manager is typical of how organizations work - they don't want you to leave, and want you to remain happy with 3-5% annual raise. Do not listen to them, read couple of books on MBA programs that are out there, work hard and go to a top program. Believe me, it is worth the money and effort. End of the day, what is most important is the network that you become part of, something that lasts a life time.

smp

Postby smp » Sun, 27 Mar 2005 9:06 am

hi
i am currently looking at mba options in singapore. i am a banker. i heard iim bangalore is opening campus in singapore. do u feel it will be a good option to look at?

smp

Indian Expat Banker

mba options in Singapore

Postby Indian Expat Banker » Fri, 01 Apr 2005 11:46 am

smp wrote:hi
i am currently looking at mba options in singapore. i am a banker. i heard iim bangalore is opening campus in singapore. do u feel it will be a good option to look at?

smp

Hi - doing an MBA is always a good option. Since u are woring in Singapore- there are a few options - IIM - B is definitely one of them. It seems they have about 100 seats and the cost is like 30 K Sing Dollars. You can explore other options like NTU, NUS.

If the budget is higher - few good MBA's are from Chicago University - Business School, INSEAD, Manchester Business School. Typical costs around 80K Singapore or more.

Let me know if u need more help - i am an banker as well in raffles place.

misty_shu

hi everyone

Postby misty_shu » Fri, 01 Apr 2005 3:52 pm

Hi all

I am working with an Investment bank in Singapore [CBD Area]..I graduated from NTU and would like some input into the MBA options available in Singapore.

Insead is very much at the top here but does anyone know how good the part time MBAs at nus and ntu are??

Indian Expat banker are you an MBA grad? If yes where from?

Appreciate any help :) cheers peeps..

Indian Expat banker

Re: hi everyone

Postby Indian Expat banker » Thu, 12 May 2005 3:20 pm

misty_shu wrote:Hi all

I am working with an Investment bank in Singapore [CBD Area]..I graduated from NTU and would like some input into the MBA options available in Singapore.

Insead is very much at the top here but does anyone know how good the part time MBAs at nus and ntu are??

Indian Expat banker are you an MBA grad? If yes where from?

Appreciate any help :) cheers peeps..

Hi Misty_shu,

yes I am an MBA from NUS. Do let me know what help can I give you. I am working around Raffles Place.