Singapore Expats Forum

is the offer ok?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

market

is the offer ok?

Postby market » Wed, 02 Mar 2005 1:48 pm

Got an offer from an MNC Chemical/oil company for a senior Financial Analyst position. Base salary of S$4500/m- have 5 years post MBA financial analyst background.
IS this offer reasonable?

DanLee

Postby DanLee » Fri, 04 Mar 2005 9:50 am

I think it's okay. I assume this is S$4.5 x 13months (plus a possible performance-based bonus component). That would work out to be about S$60k PA.

What was your last drawn salary? I believe many companies use that as a benchmark when they offer an incumbant. Usually, if it is within their budget bracket, they will give you something slightly higher for logical reasons so that you'll move. If you're currently unemployed, then your negotiating position is very different. In that case, it's still a reasonable offer, and you should consider taking it up. Well-run MNCs will compensate their staff fairly, and if the value you bring to them is very high, they would adjust your package accordingly later.

My advice: Get in the door first, and prove your worth - unless there are better options or high opportunity costs.

offer

Lee - your advice is on the point

Postby offer » Fri, 04 Mar 2005 11:58 am

This offer is 20%+ jump from my current. But my current (government linked company) is low compare to the market. I agree with you compeletely last drawn is the big factor.

Market seems to be 60 to 90S$ K/ annual base according to the website data. What is your sense?

MNC - Acronym?

Postby Guest » Fri, 04 Mar 2005 3:30 pm

What does MNC stands for?

exap

Postby exap » Fri, 04 Mar 2005 7:04 pm

MNC = Multinational copr

Now dont ask what is corp???????

Postby Guest » Mon, 07 Mar 2005 4:26 pm

hehe i know what it meant, thanks for writing the Acronym of MNC though. :) Hopefully I can buy a particular magazine that has a top 100 companies here in singapore so I would have an idea where to apply. =)