Singapore Expats

Letter Of Consent

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
shizuka

Letter Of Consent

Post by shizuka » Fri, 31 Aug 2018 10:51 am

Hi all,i want ask to you,
how long LOC (letter of consent) usually approve?
i'm waiting for my loc. my company apply on 15 august and havent approve until now :cry: . is there anyone know why too long to get LOC? what is the MOM check?
fyi, i just got long term visit pass, on 7 august 2018, is that the reason why my loc havent approve? maybe because too fast for me apply job.?
i'm very confused. :roll:
i read on google that LOC for LTVP is ready 1 week.

Give me your opinion,please.
Thanks before :)

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Letter Of Consent

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 31 Aug 2018 11:41 am

How did you obtain your LTVP, that is, under what circumstances? Related to citizen or PR? Spouse, child, or parent?

shizuka

Post by shizuka » Fri, 31 Aug 2018 11:54 am

my husband is singaporean. i just married on last january. does that have an effect for LOC?

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 31 Aug 2018 12:03 pm

Until 2015, there was an LTVP+ and an LTVP. Only people on LTVP+ could work and I think you had to be in Singapore for about 3 years on LTVP before you could get the LTVP+.

All of that is gone now, and according to ICA website, both LTVP and LTVP+ can apply for LOC as soon as the pass is received.

My guess, however, is that anytime there is a very recent marriage involved, ICA will take their time to check things out to make sure it isn't a marriage of convenience. These days, waiting 3 weeks for any kind of pass isn't unusual.

shizuka

Post by shizuka » Fri, 31 Aug 2018 12:22 pm

This is a status when i check online at mom website:
"We need inputs from other agencies to process this application. In most instances, the outcome will be available in 4 weeks' time. Some cases may take longer."

i just confused, whats that mean? Whats MOM check until take long time?

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 31 Aug 2018 12:47 pm

Here is your problem. There have been many "marriages of convenience" in Singapore. Nice lady from PRC, or Vietnam, or somewhere else, puts out, gets man to marry her and bring her to Singapore. As soon as she gets there, she moves out from man, gets her own work pass and tries to stay in Singapore without the man. Or, she stays married but not really... she lives with friends or another man.

And so, the gahmen will look at you closely to make sure that the marriage is legitimate and not part of a con game. It's not about you personally, but many people have tried to take advantage so you get penalized as well. Where did you marry and what is your nationality?

shizuka

Post by shizuka » Fri, 31 Aug 2018 1:10 pm

oh i c :-| :-|

i married in singapore.
i'm indonesian.

actually, my husband also apply for HLE now..and when i declare to commision oath i say that i already work, and now the HLE need my loc also.
we dont know anything before.
i regret, maybe i just say that i unemployed, so, HDB will procees soon.
I'm worry now, because HLE will expired at 12 sep.. and i hopely my loc has been approve before that date.

my husband already ask to HDB how about he change declare to unemployed for me, but it cant, because already declare. only one way now, waiting for my loc.

do u have advice?