Singapore Expats

Question About S-Pass and PR

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
ashfaq95

Question About S-Pass and PR

Post by ashfaq95 » Sun, 26 Aug 2018 3:36 pm

I am 23 years , 2 year exp in automations, graduated in india, 2nd gen PR, but my re-entry permit expired at 2009, hence no PR as of now, so no call for NS. As my father got job in USA we left singapore. Also we never renounce PR, either did'nt withdraw CPF. Now a singapore company hired me and ought to apply for S pass of salary 2500SGD. What are my chances to get s-pass, and subsequently to get PR?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Question About S-Pass and PR

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Aug 2018 10:34 pm

I reckon you will be picked up by CMPB for not doing NS and being AWOL as you obviously didn't have an exit permit and you didn't follow proper protocol in renouncing PR. I reckon you might want to think twice about coming back.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 27 Aug 2018 9:51 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I reckon you will be picked up by CMPB for not doing NS and being AWOL as you obviously didn't have an exit permit and you didn't follow proper protocol in renouncing PR. I reckon you might want to think twice about coming back.
Shouldn't the applying company know this already?

Surely if everything is linked as its claimed , he would get a rejection stating outstanding issues with MINDEF or some such?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Mon, 27 Aug 2018 9:53 am

Maybe MINDEF want him back? :wink:

ashfaq95

Post by ashfaq95 » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 3:45 pm

Please note that in 2016 after my graduation, i emailed ICA stating my NRIC for reinstatement to Singapore. They replied that i can re-apply for PR, only if i secure a employment in singapore.

I was only 9 years old when i left singapore with my PR. I am totally dependent. But Now I really want to get back to singapore and if i get PR back subsequently I wish to serve NS. If i tell this to MOM, will it increase the possibilities for acceptance.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 Aug 2018 9:29 pm

You will probably be rejected with the codicil to contact CMPB for unresolved issues with Mindef. Happened to my Boss' son who currently holds a B.Sc and M.Sc in Civil Engrg every time regardless of job title, duties, salary level, comes back with the same rejection admonition, therefore yes, they do check with other ministries.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ashfaq95

Post by ashfaq95 » Wed, 29 Aug 2018 5:11 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You will probably be rejected with the codicil to contact CMPB for unresolved issues with Mindef. Happened to my Boss' son who currently holds a B.Sc and M.Sc in Civil Engrg every time regardless of job title, duties, salary level, comes back with the same rejection admonition, therefore yes, they do check with other ministries.
Thanks Sir. If so, how to resolve the issue? What steps should I take now before my s pass application?

For now, i have emailed CMPB to know my status of NS. Please suggest me some other to resolve it.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 Aug 2018 11:19 pm

We've been looking for years. I warned my boss what was going to happen 12 years ago when he decided to do it as I'd already done the research back some 25 years ago. If anything it has gotten worse. The only way to resolve it is to come back and take your medicine like a man and get sorted with the CMPB, until that is done, I'm afraid you might be out of luck. You won' t be the first and you won't be the last either, I'm afraid. You cannot put the cart before the horse. You need to get your NS sorted out (and that probably means doing your NS before they would even contemplate giving you an Ep or S pass, let alone PR.

ashfaq95

Post by ashfaq95 » Fri, 31 Aug 2018 4:41 pm

I got a reply from CMPB.
Dear Ashfaq Ahamed,

Please refer to your email appended below.

Please be inform that based on MINDEF records, you have renounced your Singapore Permeant Resident (SPR), hence you are not liable for National Service (NS).

For further enquiries, please contact our NS Call Centre at 1800 367 6767 or email to [email protected]. Thank you.

--------
To my knowledge I didn't renounce PR neither my father does. From the reply given above can i consider that because I left at 9 years , i am not NS liable? Should i dig further or proceed for employment pass application?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 31 Aug 2018 11:14 pm

Go ahead and proceed. You have your answer in black & white. Should you be rejected now, at least you will no is isn't because of the NS issue. But as they rarely give you a hard answer, if rejected, you may have a difficult time figuring out why. Good Luck

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Sat, 01 Sep 2018 1:26 pm

You lost your PR automatically when your REP expired while you were outside of Singapore.