Singapore Expats Forum

Affiliate Marketing?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Esther Liew

Affiliate Marketing?

Postby Esther Liew » Tue, 01 Mar 2005 3:13 pm

Has anyone heard of Affiliated marketing? A business relationship with a merchant or other service provider who allows you to link to that business. When a visitor clicks on the link at your site and subsequently makes a purchase from the merchant, you receive a commission based on the amount of the sale, a referral fee or a pay-for-click fee.
THink this isn't that huge in Singapore. But I heard from my Friends in US, that this is one of the fastest way to earn cash by doing affiliated marketing. Any comments?

iTango

no

Postby iTango » Tue, 01 Mar 2005 3:20 pm

Never heard of it, but do you think will it works in Singapore? From the market size, we cannot compare Singapore with USA. Anyway, if you wish to start this business, wish you luck

Esther Liew

Postby Esther Liew » Tue, 01 Mar 2005 3:27 pm

of course we can't compare the size of the US market to spore. But this doesn't relate to Spore sites only. Because we can link it to overseas sites, and the merchants can pay you by per-click.. not by per-sale type of comm. In anoter way, it's a cheap advertising gimmack for the merchants as well.

iTango

Postby iTango » Tue, 01 Mar 2005 5:07 pm

hello,
I still remember when I studied in USA, my friends used to open a small window while he surfed net. What showed in that window is all kind of advertisement. Well, why he did that, he actually get pay for it. How much? No many, about 30 bucks per months, and it depends on how often and how long the window is open. Of course, fisrt of all, you have to register yourself first.
Are you looking for the same kind of stuff?