Singapore Expats Forum

wallpaper trimmings - any ideas?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Wallpaper

Postby Wallpaper » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 9:19 am

Hi all

I am hoping that some of you guys could help me here. I am thinking of wallpaper-ing my house. Usually, people would just choose to buy all their wallpaper from the same shop and that same shop would help them do up the house. However as I have decided to choose my wallpaper from more than one shop, I need to find a contractor that will help me put up the wallpaper. Do anyone of you know of any contacts?

Another thing is that I hope to put up some wooden trimmings on my wall. As this is considered quite a small scale project, alot of contractors I ask were unwilling to take up the job. I have decided to DIY but have no idea of where to find the wood. Any ideas??

fray

Postby fray » Thu, 07 Aug 2003 12:53 pm

That time (b4 I got my keys) I enquired abt wallpaper, was quoted abt 3k just for a room. Felt it's quite ex., but the wallpaper all quite nice.

Btw, it is better to let contractor do it, you might end up with bubble or uneven surface if you diy.

Hi my comments,
Try to look for painter who use spray jet to paint your wall. The less coating used will produce the nearest color to the catalogue.

If using brush to paint, most of the time, a few coating is needed, as such, your chosen color will appear darker in tone.

:O

forcez5

Postby forcez5 » Wed, 17 Nov 2004 1:06 pm

you might want to try.... sayin you are LKY fren and you might get it done for FREE!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

saynotowallpaper

Postby saynotowallpaper » Wed, 17 Nov 2004 8:03 pm

why wallpaper? isn't this an outdated thing plus it is hard to maintain?

when I did my place, I did special painting for my house that looked like wallpaper effect. everyone thought that I had wallpaper. as for wooden borders, lots of places sell DIY...there is one special store off lavendar st...how about spotlight or carrefour?

i am overseas now..if i can find the invoices when i get back...will post again...likely in dec.