Singapore Expats

Plan to visit Singapore with Previous Cellphone Contract not finished.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
peter.duke

Plan to visit Singapore with Previous Cellphone Contract not finished.

Post by peter.duke » Fri, 24 Aug 2018 9:44 am

HI I plan to visit Singapore. But I have a question.

About 18 years ago I worked in Singapore as a nurse on a two contract. After a year, I went home on an approved leave due to the fact that my parent was in ICU (all hospital documents were provided as proof.) I then decided to resign from the company I work with to look after my ailing parent and took a job locally.

When I was in Singapore I signed up for a Cellphone with a two year contract on a monthly installment plan.(By the way, I qualified for the cellphone plan because of the job/company I worked with.) Since I legally resigned from my job and was no longer in Singapore, there was no way for me to pay it anymore.

Now, I plan to visit Singapore, would that be a problem? Will immigration stop or arrest me at the airport because of the cellphone contract that I did not finish? I am willing to pay or settle any bills incurred before I visit but I don't where or or how to start.

Please help.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: Plan to visit Singapore with Previous Cellphone Contract not finished.

Post by bgd » Fri, 24 Aug 2018 9:48 am

You'll be fine. 18 years is a long time. Regardless of time, immigration aren't interested in a phone bill.

peter.duke

Post by peter.duke » Fri, 24 Aug 2018 11:00 pm

@bgd, Thanks for your reply.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 25 Aug 2018 1:13 pm

Singtel, Starhub and M1 have a contract with the Special Operations Command called "Super High Intensity Training" where they are contract to chase down people who don't pay their phone bill (known as Cannot Understand Nothing Type). Sometimes if we're lucky we get to seem them chase down Indians in little India (the reason for the riot there). So yes you risk having S.H.I.T on your C.U.N.T.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!