Singapore Expats

Refused SG entry, how to get him back if we want to get married?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
feshakov

Re: Refused SG entry, how to get him back if we want to get married?

Post by feshakov » Fri, 28 Sep 2018 5:24 pm

yesitsme wrote:<You are not some subcontinental trying to flagrantly break Singapore rules>

Really sorry to OP for her situation. Diversion on the thread but the above seems like casual racism to me? Or are we talking about some published statistics of what Subcontinental people are doing with rules? There are rules in letter and spirit. Visa runs are just as violative of the spirit of 30-days Short Term Stay rule, as with subcontinental trying to bend the system !!!
I think it is OK now. I managed to understand what was thé issue with my husbands profile/visas and now wating for thé ICA approvement of his entry visa. But knowing Singapore gouvernement it is still not 100%sûre that they Will approve. Anyway, I Will update thé discussion once I get thé final décision.

By the way, nobody tryed to "bend" thé system. Thé problem here is that there is no appropriate long term visa type for our kind of situation.

yesitsme

Post by yesitsme » Fri, 28 Sep 2018 5:47 pm

Feshakov, I empathize with your situation. Hope for the best outcome for your and your family. The system here is rather unforgiving at times, so hope you have a happy end to all this.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 28 Sep 2018 6:47 pm

feshakov wrote:
yesitsme wrote:<You are not some subcontinental trying to flagrantly break Singapore rules>

Really sorry to OP for her situation. Diversion on the thread but the above seems like casual racism to me? Or are we talking about some published statistics of what Subcontinental people are doing with rules? There are rules in letter and spirit. Visa runs are just as violative of the spirit of 30-days Short Term Stay rule, as with subcontinental trying to bend the system !!!
I think it is OK now. I managed to understand what was thé issue with my husbands profile/visas and now wating for thé ICA approvement of his entry visa. But knowing Singapore gouvernement it is still not 100%sûre that they Will approve. Anyway, I Will update thé discussion once I get thé final décision.

By the way, nobody tryed to "bend" thé system. Thé problem here is that there is no appropriate long term visa type for our kind of situation.
What was the real issue?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Sep 2018 11:18 pm

Yesitsme, it like Kiasuism. You DO know what that is, right? Well, all people around the world have SOME kiasuism. However, how many countries do you know that are tagged worldwide with that as a national trait? Only one, right? Why is that? Is everbody that way in Singapore? No, of course not.

However, if there are a higher proportion of Kiasuism here than in the neighbouring countries or other countries in general, that that traits sticks out like a sore thumb and the country gets tagged with that trait.

Sadly, people in most recipient countries of subcontinentals have the same problem with them. They tend to takes rules as "meant to be broken if it can be gotten away with" instead of how to live like their neighbours. There is another problem. Subcontinentals tend to try to live in and take over condos housing complexes, etc. to the exclusion of all other races. They also do this in companies if they can take over as the HR functionary. This caused a lot of problems here before the last elections here (in the Banking and IT sectors). They will even kill their own daughters if she tries to date outside of her race while in a foreign country - Lots of this has happened in the US over the years in some of the larger Eastern Seaboard Cities. They do NOT try to assimilate, to the point that here in Singapore, the local native Indian population doesn't want anything to do with them.

Before you go getting all angsty on me, please remember that I am also married to an Indian, albeit local, and my daughter is married to a Malayalam who has become a citizen here when he finished his NS. His parents have been here like me, over 30 years but are still PR (like me). So, it's not racial in nature, but more nationalistic in attitude.

And now, back to our regularly schedules programming...... ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 30 Sep 2018 8:54 am

feshakov wrote:

DP is the correct visa for your husband I think. Let us know what the mistake was...
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

feshakov

Post by feshakov » Fri, 19 Oct 2018 2:47 pm

FYI guys, my husband has just came back to singapore after 4 months of being absent for discussed above reasons. So there is a way to get a visa after prohibition! I proved the concept!

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 19 Oct 2018 2:59 pm

feshakov wrote:FYI guys, my husband has just came back to singapore after 4 months of being absent for discussed above reasons. So there is a way to get a visa after prohibition! I proved the concept!
But you didnt tell us what the problem was.

feshakov

Post by feshakov » Fri, 19 Oct 2018 3:51 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
feshakov wrote:FYI guys, my husband has just came back to singapore after 4 months of being absent for discussed above reasons. So there is a way to get a visa after prohibition! I proved the concept!
Oh sorry, that's true. The problem was, when I requested for an entry visa for the first time, the sponsor (Singapore citizen above 21 years old) did not have enough income to become actually a sponsor. And the second thing is that the 1st application was lacking clear explanation on his income during his stay in Singapore and we obviously were not yet married. The most important thing I think was the low income of the sponsor. I hope that helps.

singaporeflyer

Post by singaporeflyer » Fri, 19 Oct 2018 4:06 pm

feshakov wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Oh sorry, that's true. The problem was, when I requested for an entry visa for the first time, the sponsor (Singapore citizen above 21 years old) did not have enough income to become actually a sponsor. And the second thing is that the 1st application was lacking clear explanation on his income during his stay in Singapore and we obviously were not yet married. The most important thing I think was the low income of the sponsor. I hope that helps.
Thanks. But you had mentioned that his DP with MOM also had issues? Negative record?

feshakov

Post by feshakov » Fri, 19 Oct 2018 5:32 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
feshakov wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:
Thanks. But you had mentioned that his DP with MOM also had issues? Negative record?
DP was rejected because of the ICA negative record, nOw the record is cleared with ICA and it's fine for MOM. As they are different government bodies they don't like to question decisions of the other one.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 21 Oct 2018 7:17 am

Thanks for the answer!
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!