Singapore Expats

PEP Visa Question

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bgd
Manager
Manager

Re: PEP Visa Question

Post by bgd » Fri, 24 Aug 2018 10:11 am

abcd1990 wrote: I wasn't sure if putting in the effort to get the PEP makes me look like a more serious candidate.
Won't make a difference I would think.

The attraction of the PEP to the employer is they don't have to worry about an EP. However at the PEP level of income (144 not 216 as I thought :oops:) it's probably moot as the EP will (usually) be easy to obtain and the companies will be experienced at applying.

The advantage to you is that your tenure in Sg is not tied to your employment as it is with an EP. You can change jobs more easily. But once used it's gone. The real advantage is using a PEP to prolong your stay in Sg while between jobs or when your job is under threat. An example is a friend on an EP who knew he was about to be let go. He applied for a PEP just before which gave him 6 months to find another role rather than the 30 days he would have got if he stayed with his EP.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: PEP Visa Question

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 Aug 2018 5:58 pm

Considering that the vast majority who have gotten a PEP have done so just to abuse the 6 months visa free period if they lose their jobs and never had any intentions of getting either PR or SGC. I doubt if it will even be considered in their deliberations.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers