Singapore Expats

How long can I enter Singapore if Visit Pass is canceled?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
janiceeooi

How long can I enter Singapore if Visit Pass is canceled?

Post by janiceeooi » Wed, 15 Aug 2018 5:59 pm

Hi, just want to ask some questions here. Before that, let me explain my case first.

So I was studying in Singapore for 2 years, holding student pass. After graduated, I went back to Malaysia for 2 weeks before my student pass expired. Then, I come back to Singapore to cancel my student pass and I was granted a Visit Pass for a month of staying. Before my visit pass expired, I went back to Malaysia again for 2 weeks.

When I was at the customs, I showed my Visit Pass and the staff seems like he didn't know what to do and another girl staff walked to the counter and said want to cancel the visit pass. Initially, I thought the visit pass allowed multiple entries but the girl staff told me that if I want to exit Singapore then need to cancel, then I said ok. But the thing is, the system could not cancel it, so I was thinking is it not supposed to be canceled? Then the girl staff bring me to the office and canceled it inside, I did do the fingerprint there too. I didn't think too much at that time because I think it was just a cancellation and I asked her can I enter Singapore again next time using the white card for 30 days? She said yes.

So after two weeks, when I want to enter Singapore, the customs staff told me that I am qualified to stay in Singapore for a day only. I asked them why they could not explain clearly too. They said I need to stay away from Singapore for 1 and half month only I can enter Singapore. I went to ICA and asked again, ICA said 1 month. So I don't know whether I need to stay away for 1 month or 1 and 1/2 month? I am afraid my next entry, they don't allow me to stay for 30 days again. This is because I go to Singapore to take exams for my work but now I have to postpone and I really want to know whether anyone has the same case as me that could help me and let me know when can I enter back Singapore again.

My questions:

1) After the visit pass is canceled, how long can we enter Singapore again?

2) I was holding a 30 days visit pass after the cancelation of student pass, does it allow multiple entries?

3) The customs staff could not cancel it in the system and bring me to the office, I did do fingerprint and stuff, will I consider as a criminal or restricted from Singapore or violates the law or something?

4) They still allow me to enter Singapore for a day and did not bring me to the office to question me anything, does this mean that I am not restricted? I just need to stay away for 1 month to re-enter?

5) I did enter Singapore 1 day so I need to recalculate one month from that time?

Hope someone can let me know the right information. Thank you!

rachabel

Re: How long can I enter Singapore if Visit Pass is canceled?

Post by rachabel » Wed, 05 Sep 2018 5:15 pm

Here's my answer to your questions:

1) After the visit pass is canceled, how long can we enter Singapore again? Technically, you have to out of Singapore for 5 days before you can enter again. But if I were you, you just follow the advice of customs to enter after 1.5 months. This is because you are no longer allowed to have multiple entry if you are holding a visit pass.

2) I was holding a 30 days visit pass after the cancelation of student pass, does it allow multiple entries? Once you are issued with 30 days visit pass, when you exit Singapore, the visit pass will no longer be valid to 30 days. it will just cut to the date you went out. Hence, when you enter right away, there maybe questions about you entering Singapore again. This is because they will suspect that you are here to look for work.

3) The customs staff could not cancel it in the system and bring me to the office, I did do fingerprint and stuff, will I consider as a criminal or restricted from Singapore or violates the law or something?
It is not a criminal record. I am not sure why they need to get your fingerprint.

4) They still allow me to enter Singapore for a day and did not bring me to the office to question me anything, does this mean that I am not restricted? I just need to stay away for 1 month to re-enter?
Maybe because you were issued a visit pass before. What is the interval of your exit to Malaysia and coming back to Singapore?

5) I did enter Singapore 1 day so I need to recalculate one month from that time? Yes.