Singapore Expats

stamped 30days in passport and embarkation but flight details was written in e card

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Juan223

stamped 30days in passport and embarkation but flight details was written in e card

Post by Juan223 » Wed, 15 Aug 2018 5:25 pm

Hi All,

May we seek your advise. I've entered SG last aug 5 and we went to KL last aug 13 and return again to sg aug15, Immig officer sent me to Immig office to check my return ticket, in the room they browse my phone, check my bags and asked me a lot of questions. After that, Immig officer give my passport to an old immig officer and do some computer etc. , i wait for a while. After that they sent me to go out with my passport and embarkation card. Stamped both passport and embarkation permitted to stay in 30days but Embarkation card also have written return ticket details.

Q: Can I still stay for 30days or should i follow my return ticket?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Re: stamped 30days in passport and embarkation but flight details was written in e card

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 15 Aug 2018 5:50 pm

Juan223 wrote:Hi All,

May we seek your advise. I've entered SG last aug 5 and we went to KL last aug 13 and return again to sg aug15, Immig officer sent me to Immig office to check my return ticket, in the room they browse my phone, check my bags and asked me a lot of questions. After that, Immig officer give my passport to an old immig officer and do some computer etc. , i wait for a while. After that they sent me to go out with my passport and embarkation card. Stamped both passport and embarkation permitted to stay in 30days but Embarkation card also have written return ticket details.

Q: Can I still stay for 30days or should i follow my return ticket?
Better to follow the return ticket date which is earlier than the 30 days given to you.

Juan223

Re: stamped 30days in passport and embarkation but flight details was written in e card

Post by Juan223 » Wed, 15 Aug 2018 6:39 pm

I need to extend coz I need to wait my relatives coming also here. there will be no prob if i will go back to my country home after 30days?

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Wed, 15 Aug 2018 6:47 pm

Juan223 wrote:I need to extend coz I need to wait my relatives coming also here. there will be no prob if i will go back to my country home after 30days?
Did you tell that to the officer when they checked on you?

Who knows if you go home after 30 days, you might not be allowed to visit sg anymore?

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 15 Aug 2018 9:38 pm

You had a ticket to return home on a specific date. They gave you enough time on your visitor's visa for you to stay in the country until your flight home.

Now, you are going to change the dates. You were not honest with the ICA. They probably recorded your return flight details. What will you tell them when it doesn't match up? Do you want to take the risk?

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 16 Aug 2018 9:51 am

A normal tourist would not be treated as you have so they suspect something. You have been flagged so they will take a close interest in you from now on. Play it safe, use your return ticket. Expect future travel to Sg to be problematic if you don't. I'd say better to meet your relatives elsewhere.