Singapore Expats

Employment Pass Online Status Not Showing

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
The Spartan Guy

Employment Pass Online Status Not Showing

Post by The Spartan Guy » Mon, 13 Aug 2018 3:23 pm

A foreigner working in Singapore. When I got an EPass earlier, I could see the status of the E pass application (made by my employer) on

https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLU ... Action.do

after entering the necessary details.

Now I am changing employer, signed the offer and the new employer HR says she already applied for another employment pass. But when I log in to the portal, using my FIN, Name and Passport number, I am still seeing the details of my earlier application (Status: Issued) but no sign that a new application has been filed.

Is there something I should be worried about? Does it mean the employer can somehow apply for an Epass which will not show up in that portal if I want to check the status? Or something else going on?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Employment Pass Online Status Not Showing

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Aug 2018 3:44 pm

When was it supposed to have been applied for? Just before National Day? If so, good possibility they took a 4 day weekend just like I did as Thursday was a holiday, take off Friday and have a 4 days weekend. Might get filed today. If it's been over a week, however, maybe they had a change of heart? Call them up and ask them if/when it was filed would be my suggestion.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

The Spartan Guy

Post by The Spartan Guy » Mon, 13 Aug 2018 3:46 pm

They said they have already filed it. Is there a delay from the application being filed, to the status appearing on the MOM website?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 13 Aug 2018 5:08 pm

Possibly, depending on their own backlog. The quotas on the WPOL sites are only updated on the 2nd work day and the 2nd Saturday of each month. So, it's a possibility that they only update periodically on the status changes of applicants, as we often get posters here who have said that they received the IPA letter before the site actually reflected the changes. So, if they said they have applied, all you can do it wait and periodically check online.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers