Singapore Expats

PR Application for Spouse of SC

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Phal22

PR Application for Spouse of SC

Post by Phal22 » Tue, 07 Aug 2018 10:26 pm

Hi all,

Im new to this and would certainly hope to get some advice.

Im a SC working and earning about 6K. My husband is a Malaysian born but Australian Citizen. I've recently submitted his PR application online and wonder what the chances would be like. We got married in Australia in June 2018. The only reason why he is not relocating as yet is because of his work commitments in Australia. He hopes to secure a job before he comes to Singapore.

Another option would be LTVP should the PR be rejected. How easy is it to get a job with LTVP? We have been applying for jobs since last year as a foreigner. But no luck. My husband has a Masters in Engineering and work experience in a management post for 10 years.

He wants to come over in December assuming that the PR is approved. But if not, then LTVP is the way to go am I right? Then the possibility of him not getting a job too.. :(

Im so stressed out... Any advise would be good. Thanks !

svnebh

Re: PR Application for Spouse of SC

Post by svnebh » Thu, 09 Aug 2018 1:06 am

Unfortunately, he’s in for a rough ride. Best way is he finds a job first then move to SG and you get him LTVP. It’s highly unlikely he gets PR at this point. Should he arrive without a job offer on hand, he needs to be mentally prepared to spend a few months without a job & be ready to accept lower salary, no benefits etc should he be hired. I wish you all the best for whatever comes. Stay strong!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ms.yang

Post by ms.yang » Wed, 15 Aug 2018 11:58 pm

At the same time, you may like to register yourself for some volunteering work at local RC or CC, if it is not for this application it will be useful for the coming one. Contribute then you ll get what you want easier.
:) In a World Where You Can Be Anything, Be Kind.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 17 Aug 2018 9:31 pm

ms.yang wrote:At the same time, you may like to register yourself for some volunteering work at local RC or CC, if it is not for this application it will be useful for the coming one. Contribute then you ll get what you want easier.

You are about 7 years too late for that suggestion. It no longer helps as sub-continentals ruined it for everybody by joining in and immediately upon getting what they were after, that was/is the end of it. I've seen it numerous times in our RC where I'm celebrating my 10th year in November. And I don't have a car for the parking, nor children for the school perks (All grown up and giving me grandsons!).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers