Singapore Expats

Which is the best of CRM System in Singapore?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
briellemorissette

Which is the best of CRM System in Singapore?

Post by briellemorissette » Wed, 01 Aug 2018 3:18 pm

Hi guys, I'm new here and want your advice on something. My aunt's business is growing fast and she still needs to rely on using applications such as excel and outlook. We've been reading some articles about Marketing Automation and suggested that it would be great for SMEs who's just starting doing a business. I just want to know if you can suggest any CRM software provider that is cheap and easy-to-use. I know there are a lot on the internet but I want suggestions directly from people who have used it. Thanks in advance.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: Which is the best of CRM System in Singapore?

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 01 Aug 2018 8:31 pm

OK - I'll bite... you're posting from the Netherlands to a Singapore expat board to ask about CRM systems?

briellemorissette

Post by briellemorissette » Thu, 02 Aug 2018 3:49 pm

Why can you say I'm posting from Netherlands? When it's clearly I'm from Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 02 Aug 2018 6:19 pm

How is it that is clear, when your IP address points to a US server? Trying to hide something?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 02 Aug 2018 10:04 pm

briellemorissette wrote:Why can you say I'm posting from Netherlands? When it's clearly I'm from Singapore.
As moderators, we are supplied with tools to identify things like IP addresses and geographic locations of same, mainly because we have to deal with dozens, if not hundreds, of spam posts every day.

Your IP address resolves to the Netherlands, behind a firewall or router. It does not appear to be a proxy server, ie, a VPN connection setup for the purpose. It could possibly be the result of a company network where all Singapore traffic is routed through a central point in the company, if you are posting from a company computer. If you are posting from home, we'd see a provider like Singtel, Starhub, Republic, etc.

We don't know. We do know that we get an amazing number of posts out of India and eastern Europe, asking inane questions, which almost always, sooner or later, have a second "friend" or some such provide the answer.

I'd also note that we had a virtually identically worded post from a couple of months back.

briellemorissette

Post by briellemorissette » Fri, 03 Aug 2018 3:33 pm

If you don't believe me, fine. then I'm just here to ask some help from people here. :)

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 03 Aug 2018 8:45 pm

briellemorissette wrote:If you don't believe me, fine. then I'm just here to ask some help from people here. :)
We stand corrected. As I mentioned, we use IP address frequently to track down and block spammers who would otherwise overrun this board with garbage. After your insistence that you were posting from Singapore, I did some additional checking. It looks like the geolocation facilties of some IP lookup systems are not totally accurate.

Here's the one I use regularly. It says you are from the Netherlands.

After your comments, I tried another geolocation service. It says you are from Singapore.

And finally, I tried a third service that looks at multiple geolocation services and it says you are from both places.

Please accept my apologies... it's an imperfect world.

As to your question, more data is needed. What is your intent? To have a full blown sales pipeling management system? How many potential leads are you going to manage. How complex a sales cycle do you have?

You're certainly going to want a subscription based system, paying somewhere between $10 and $20 per month for a single user. I used to use SugarCRM... it has been a long time, there are probably better products out there.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 03 Aug 2018 9:19 pm

And the service I used also comes up with DigitalOcean but in New York. Go figure.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Sun, 05 Aug 2018 2:48 pm

Digital Ocean is a cloud services provider aimed at developers. Based in NY but servers all over the world.

Strong Eagle

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 05 Aug 2018 9:57 pm

bgd wrote:Digital Ocean is a cloud services provider aimed at developers. Based in NY but servers all over the world.
Correct. I contacted a couple of the geolocation services. They said that because Digital Ocean is a multi-site provider, it depends which regional database the geolocator queries in order to get the answer. Query a US database, get the New York location, and Asian database, the Singapore location, etc.

Worth pointing out the ISP's that have multiple locations are still registered at, typically, their home location.

Sia White

Post by Sia White » Fri, 10 Aug 2018 7:12 pm

I am satisfied with Salesmate CRM