Singapore Expats

PR Renewal Online

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
gianfrance

PR Renewal Online

Post by gianfrance » Fri, 27 Jul 2018 8:33 am

Hi guys,

I am PR who currently working in Singapore but stay in Malaysia (Johor Bahru). I am going to renew my PR as it going to expire. When I look at the online submission page, there is a new questionnaire added to the page, which is residential and occupation detail.

My question is if I select "No" for the residential detail, will there be any impact to my PR renewal? Of course "Yes" for the occupation detail.

Same to my children, it chooses "No" for their residential detail, will there be any impact to their PR renewal?

Anyone encounter this before?
Attachments
Untitled.jpg

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Re: PR Renewal Online

Post by Addadude » Fri, 27 Jul 2018 9:23 am

If you are not actually residing in Singapore, then it is quite likely your REP (which is what you are actually renewing) will be rejected. For both you and your kids. It's called Permanent RESIDENT for a reason.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 27 Jul 2018 9:32 am

gianfrance wrote:Hi guys,

I am PR who currently working in Singapore but stay in Malaysia (Johor Bahru). I am going to renew my PR as it going to expire. When I look at the online submission page, there is a new questionnaire added to the page, which is residential and occupation detail.

My question is if I select "No" for the residential detail, will there be any impact to my PR renewal? Of course "Yes" for the occupation detail.

Same to my children, it chooses "No" for their residential detail, will there be any impact to their PR renewal?

Anyone encounter this before?
Where do you pay your personal income taxes, Singapore or Malaysia?

gianfrance

Post by gianfrance » Fri, 27 Jul 2018 10:29 am

Income tax paid to IRAS as still working in Singapore

cancerianaddy

Post by cancerianaddy » Tue, 31 Jul 2018 12:48 pm

Our PR is due for renewal in Jan 2019.
Last month my husband lost his job.
I am working for reputed company. We own condo here and have decent income so far.
Kids studying at local school too.
Do you think we should expect problem in renewal of PR in Jan 2019 if my husband is not able to find a job till then ?