Singapore Expats

break the lease if TA not stamped

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
ieva

break the lease if TA not stamped

Post by ieva » Wed, 18 Jul 2018 4:58 pm

Hi, we have found the unit signed a LOI and TA, and paid 1 month deposit. After than we have changed our mind and found a better unit that suits our needs.

What are my chances to get out of the old agreement - we still have not moved in and the agreement is not stamped. I have informed the agent, and agreed, that they can keep the 1 month deposit as our fee for changing the mind. What are other consiquences, can they pursue the matter further for breakage of the lease, even if it is not samped. I understand that without stamp fees, the agreement can not be brought as a evidence in in the court.

Anyone have been in the similar situation, changing mind after the TA is signed and not moved in?

Search By

x9200

Re: break the lease if TA not stamped

Post by x9200 » Thu, 19 Jul 2018 4:59 am

ieva wrote:Hi, we have found the unit signed a LOI and TA, and paid 1 month deposit. After than we have changed our mind and found a better unit that suits our needs.

What are my chances to get out of the old agreement - we still have not moved in and the agreement is not stamped. I have informed the agent, and agreed, that they can keep the 1 month deposit as our fee for changing the mind. What are other consiquences, can they pursue the matter further for breakage of the lease, even if it is not samped. I understand that without stamp fees, the agreement can not be brought as a evidence in in the court.

Anyone have been in the similar situation, changing mind after the TA is signed and not moved in?
The landlord can always pay the duty and make it admissible in the court.