Singapore Expats

PR Approval Letter Got Returned

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
yoongcy421

PR Approval Letter Got Returned

Post by yoongcy421 » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 7:00 pm

My previous landlord (a very bad attitude aunty) actually sent my approval letter back to return letter box. I just moved house so my address was obviously not updated.

I only found out I got approved today online. And she don't want to reply me and tell me when did she return that document. So I don't know how long I have been approved, not shown on the ienquiry page (any way to check approval date online?).

I have already emailed ICA today. Will try to call them tomorrow.

Anyone had such experience? Will they resend the letter or can I go to ICA and collect?

I'm very anxious...

Update for anyone who come across this: I called ICA and they asked me to head over to the office.
Got a queue number for walk ins, waited 15 minutes till my turn, got my letters within another 10 minutes. and done. Thanks all!
Last edited by yoongcy421 on Tue, 24 Jul 2018 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YKit

Re: PR Approval Letter Got Returned

Post by YKit » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 7:14 pm

yoongcy421 wrote:My previous landlord (a very bad attitude aunty) actually sent my approval letter back to return letter box. I just moved house so my address was obviously not updated.

I only found out I got approved today online. And she don't want to reply me and tell me when did she return that document. So I don't know how long I have been approved, not shown on the ienquiry page (any way to check approval date online?).

Anyone had such experience? Will they resend the letter or can I go to ICA and collect?

I'm very anxious...

How long have you been pending for your application?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bcheng74
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bcheng74 » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 7:56 pm

yoongcy421 wrote:My previous landlord (a very bad attitude aunty) actually sent my approval letter back to return letter box. I just moved house so my address was obviously not updated.

I'm very anxious...
Have you updated your Singpass address???

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 7:58 pm

I'm very anxious...
Ienquiry gets updated within +/- 3-4 days of your approval. So, you dont need to worry too much.

yoongcy421

Post by yoongcy421 » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 7:59 pm

bcheng74 wrote:

I'm very anxious...
Have you updated your Singpass address???

Singpass already updated when I moved immediately. But I didn't know need to email ICA separately so I was only told when I saw my approval status today. And I can't remember the last time I checked for approval. So I honestly don't know when was it approved. The last time I checked was probably end May...

do you know if ICA will be willing to resend the letter? Is there a time limit for validity, I'm just afraid that the validity expire.
Last edited by yoongcy421 on Tue, 17 Jul 2018 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yoongcy421

Post by yoongcy421 » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 8:00 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:

I'm very anxious...
Ienquiry gets updated within +/- 3-4 days of your approval. So, you dont need to worry too much.
But I dont know when was it updated leh. Coz I don't check everyday... Last time I check was probably end May or weeks ago. And this ex-landlord aunty, today I ask her did she receive anything, only she tell me she already sent to return letter box. I ask her when did she put to the letter box, she no reply liao. -__-

do you know if ICA will be willing to resend the letter? Is there a time limit for validity, I'm just afraid that the validity expire.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 1

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 8:04 pm

yoongcy421 wrote:
singaporeflyer wrote:

I'm very anxious...
But I dont know when was it updated leh. Coz I don't check everyday... Last time I check was probably end May or weeks ago. And this ex-landlord aunty, today I ask her did she receive anything, only she tell me she already sent to return letter box. I ask her when did she put to the letter box, she no reply liao. -__-

Email or go in person to ICA.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 8:52 pm

I had the same circumstance, except MoM had typed the wrong address into their system so my EP IPA didn't get delivered. I made a trip down to MoM, took about 15 minutes to get a second letter issued to an updated address.

yoongcy421

Post by yoongcy421 » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 8:57 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:I had the same circumstance, except MoM had typed the wrong address into their system so my EP IPA didn't get delivered. I made a trip down to MoM, took about 15 minutes to get a second letter issued to an updated address.
hmm but looks like different case because mine is PR application at ICA.. not MoM. My address is already updated at MoM but seems like they are disconnected from ICA.
Will try call them tomorrow and see how..
Or give them few days to reply my email. If not will head over there to ask and see.

I think I should stop worrying. Believe it should be ok..

bcheng74
Chatter
Chatter

Post by bcheng74 » Tue, 17 Jul 2018 9:26 pm

yoongcy421 wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:I had the same circumstance, except MoM had typed the wrong address into their system so my EP IPA didn't get delivered. I made a trip down to MoM, took about 15 minutes to get a second letter issued to an updated address.
hmm but looks like different case because mine is PR application at ICA.. not MoM. My address is already updated at MoM but seems like they are disconnected from ICA.
Will try call them tomorrow and see how..
Or give them few days to reply my email. If not will head over there to ask and see.

I think I should stop worrying. Believe it should be ok..
Go to ICA and get help