Singapore Expats

PR application and employment history

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
NSP

PR application and employment history

Post by NSP » Sun, 15 Jul 2018 4:10 pm

Hey guys,

First of all, even though I didn't have an account until today, I found many valuable answers here over the years and I'd like to thank you guys for that. :)

I have a quick question about the ePR application form, and I was not able to find any answer online. I'm supposed to input all my employment history in the form, ideally one employment record per employer. However, I've been promoted twice over 5 years: Do you guys think I should create one record per role or just display my current position?
Listing all my roles seems like the most logical approach to me, but I'm not sure ICA sees it that way (Same employer but multiple successive employment periods) and I'm a bit anxious of screwing things up.

Also, regarding the document A9:
Employer’s letter stating the date of employment, position held, salary per month for the last 6 months with breakdown into basic, overtime
and allowance per month. The letter, addressed to the Controller of Immigration, should be dated within 1 month from the date of
submission ;
My employer only mentioned my current position in that letter. Should I ask them to mention my changes of roles? It doesn't seem to be necessary here, but I'd rather check.

Thank you in advance for all the help you guys will be able to provide. :)

Edit: Another quick follow up question: They're asking for my "Residential address in country of nationality" but... I don't reside there. Should I just leave empty (NA) or give the address of somebody in my family?

svnebh

Re: PR application and employment history

Post by svnebh » Mon, 16 Jul 2018 10:56 am

1. List down your employment details with current role.

2. Provide an address of one of your close relatives back home or a place where you will be headed to in your home country once your stay expires here.

It's an easy form asking for very basic details. Keep it simple and straightforward. Overthinking will surely screw things up.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 16 Jul 2018 12:45 pm

^^^This.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Bebico

Post by Bebico » Tue, 07 Aug 2018 12:12 pm

Could i know if there any additional documents that need to be submitted such as recommendation from a Singaporean or social activities you do in Singapore etc, other than the ones stated on the ICA website?
Also, if the husband applies for the whole family and the spouse is working, does the wife need to submit her salary slips etc?

Thanks for responding.

singaporeflyer
Answers: 2

Post by singaporeflyer » Tue, 07 Aug 2018 4:10 pm

Bebico wrote:Could i know if there any additional documents that need to be submitted such as recommendation from a Singaporean or social activities you do in Singapore etc, other than the ones stated on the ICA website?
Also, if the husband applies for the whole family and the spouse is working, does the wife need to submit her salary slips etc?

Thanks for responding.
Wife pay slips are surely needed if the wife is working.

svnebh

Post by svnebh » Tue, 07 Aug 2018 11:51 pm

Not to forget, blood donation certificate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 09 Aug 2018 12:43 pm

^^^Red herring. Don't bother. These things used to be useful. Now ICA looks at them knowing that you are doing it, not for altruistic reasons, but for brownie point for PR applications and that it will stop as soon as you get what you are looking for. These things stopped being beneficial about 8 years ago (or longer).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

svnebh

Post by svnebh » Thu, 09 Aug 2018 11:09 pm

I wasn’t being serious Mr. Wise old man
This forum has multiple threads where members have advised people against those donation certificates and other garbage and yet we have folks asking if they need to submit “additional documents”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 09 Aug 2018 11:31 pm

That's because most are inherently lazy as crap and find it easier to just ask and let somebody else do the legwork. It's also why I get occasionally antsy at some of them. 'tis the problem with the written word, isn't it. without smilies, it's often hard to envisage what is actually being meant. :-k

allblack_512

Post by allblack_512 » Fri, 10 Aug 2018 10:45 am

NSP wrote:Hey guys,

First of all, even though I didn't have an account until today, I found many valuable answers here over the years and I'd like to thank you guys for that. :)

I have a quick question about the ePR application form, and I was not able to find any answer online. I'm supposed to input all my employment history in the form, ideally one employment record per employer. However, I've been promoted twice over 5 years: Do you guys think I should create one record per role or just display my current position?
Listing all my roles seems like the most logical approach to me, but I'm not sure ICA sees it that way (Same employer but multiple successive employment periods) and I'm a bit anxious of screwing things up.

Also, regarding the document A9:
Employer’s letter stating the date of employment, position held, salary per month for the last 6 months with breakdown into basic, overtime
and allowance per month. The letter, addressed to the Controller of Immigration, should be dated within 1 month from the date of
submission ;

My employer only mentioned my current position in that letter. Should I ask them to mention my changes of roles? It doesn't seem to be necessary here, but I'd rather check.

Thank you in advance for all the help you guys will be able to provide. :)

Edit: Another quick follow up question: They're asking for my "Residential address in country of nationality" but... I don't reside there. Should I just leave empty (NA) or give the address of somebody in my family?
Hi NSP,
I also facing this problem, finally how you solve it? can you share your experience or you mind to share your example?

Bongy21

Post by Bongy21 » Fri, 10 Aug 2018 12:26 pm

Simple format can be like this
Capture.JPG

allblack_512

Post by allblack_512 » Fri, 10 Aug 2018 12:49 pm

Bongy21 wrote:Simple format can be like this

Capture.JPG
Hi Bongy21,

Thank for your sharing. now i got an idea the ask my HR to write the letter.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 10 Aug 2018 11:52 pm

You HR probably already knows how to do it. After all, how hard do you think it is? OH, sorry, I see the questions. It just makes me wonder if the Government is lowering their standards if this simple stuff is throwing you a curve ball.