Singapore Expats Forum

Japanese/Korean speaking Helpdesk Support

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

jhkim
Regular
Regular

Japanese/Korean speaking Helpdesk Support

Postby jhkim » Sun, 27 Feb 2005 12:50 pm

I just got an offer from a company for $3000/month for korean speaking helpdesk support position.

I have graduated in US recently<IT Major> and I don't have much experience(Currently working in US: 6 month). Only special skill I have is ability to speak korean.

I was wondering if anybody got a similar job and how much are you guys getting?

In some post I've been reading that 3000 is almost a local salary. Do they get that much?

I know there are million of "is it enough money" post here....and it made me sick but when it was my turn to make a decision....I have no where else but here to ask.

Currrent

Postby Currrent » Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:24 pm

Hi jhkim,

My role calls for me to recruit people for technical support positions at an investment bank. To date, I've hired people with 3 to 5 years of support experience although I've recently taken on a post graduate with 2 years of work experience.

Although I don't claim to be entirely familiar with the local market conditions (having only arrived recently myself), I think 3000 per month is a reasonable base for relatively fresh graduates, if somewhat at the lower end of the scale. I think for relatively fresh IT graduates like yourself the range could be from 2800 to 3500 per month (plus medical, dental, pension or CPF). To my knowledge, my organisation doesn't really differentiate between locals and expats - we try to instill a meritocratic culture here.

My advice is try not worry to yourself sick about these things. Just find out as much information as you can and question why you want to come here and be at peace with yourself once you've made the choice.

Hope that helps you a little bit.

By the way, I have not found a decent Korean restuarant in Singapore yet...so be warned. I miss my Soondae.

jhkim
Regular
Regular

Postby jhkim » Mon, 28 Feb 2005 10:44 pm

Thank you very much for your reply. hahaha soondae~~!! But if you like bbq, try korean bbq buffet in Takashimaya if it is still open (My last visit was 5 years ago).

Febri

Japanese Interpreter

Postby Febri » Wed, 09 Mar 2005 5:43 pm

Hi all,

My company has an opening for Japanese interpreter.

If you have any references, please do let me know at febri77@hotmail.com

Thank you

Yutenji
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Japanese Interpreter

Postby Yutenji » Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:37 pm

Febri wrote:My company has an opening for Japanese interpreter.

Hi, try posting on www.singaweb.net
Good luck