Singapore Expats

kind advice would be super!

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
chubbygal

kind advice would be super!

Post by chubbygal » Sun, 27 Feb 2005 3:16 am

Hi,

I am currently looking into staying in Singapore for longer period but I do not possess any EP/WP/PR...

I was thinking if I can get someone to maybe apply the proper working document for me(ie ep/sp/wp) that states I am working in so n so company, yes I am willing to pay income tax etc,the company does not have to pay me salary but just help me out with the papers?I will reward the person/company for the assistance...

I am currently running my own business outside Singapore and the reason I need proper document is I wanna acompany my friend(doing PHD research) who is still staying in Singapore but my friend and I both foreigners and non PR.

The other fact is because I am rather tired of travelling in and out in Singapore just to renew my social visit pass.

Appreciate sincere advice:)

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:18 am

What you are asking for is difficult and almost certainly illegal. Basically, if a company applies for an EP for you, they have to state a salary -- and not paying you that salary would then be an easily detectable fraud.

The way around this would be to get the company to pay you a real salary and channel the money to them on the sly somehow, but this is still quite dodgy. Much better would be to found your own company and employ yourself, but this involves gobs of paperwork and money too.

Post by Guest » Tue, 01 Mar 2005 12:31 am

It would be pretty hard to start up your own cpy in sg if you are not already at least a PR rite? What abt a partnership with a PR/Sgrean? Then she can be a partner in the cpy? Not very sure if that's possible or not though...

chubbygal

HOWDY

Post by chubbygal » Tue, 01 Mar 2005 2:27 pm

Hi,

Wanna says thx for the sincere replies, that really helps me in making the right decision...

CHEERS
Chubbygal:)

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 01 Mar 2005 4:00 pm

If you are already successfully running your own business, then you may want to apply for an Entrepass. This pass allows entrepreneurs to come in to start up a business. You'll need a comprehensive business plan, and I am sure that having the ability to support yourself for some period is also essential. See details at MoM website.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/MOM/CDA/0,1858,12 ... --,00.html

chubbygal

Post by chubbygal » Thu, 03 Mar 2005 7:54 am

Strong Eagle wrote:If you are already successfully running your own business, then you may want to apply for an Entrepass. This pass allows entrepreneurs to come in to start up a business. You'll need a comprehensive business plan, and I am sure that having the ability to support yourself for some period is also essential. See details at MoM website.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/MOM/CDA/0,1858,12 ... --,00.html

Hey Strong Eagle,

Thx for the link,will go tru it to understand better,I was wondering if there are consultants/companies here in Sg that offers comprehensive entre pass application assistance btw?Yes I have ample cash supply to support myself,appreciate ur great advice.

Cheers

Chubbygal