Singapore Expats

Moving to Singapore with Family

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Abarthgt

Moving to Singapore with Family

Post by Abarthgt » Thu, 05 Jul 2018 5:37 am

Hi All,

I’m planning on moving to Singapore on a S-pass with a salary of $4000 , but on MOM’s website it says in order to bring relatives you must be earning at least $5000 and the threshold changing to $6000 next year .
My wife will also get a job there earning $3000 so my question is will I be able to bring my 6 months old and my wife if both our salaries add up to $5000 or more Or does one of us have to be earning more than the threshold?
Thanks

jamie9vardy
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Moving to Singapore with Family

Post by jamie9vardy » Thu, 05 Jul 2018 7:36 am

Abarthgt wrote:Hi All,

I’m planning on moving to Singapore on a S-pass with a salary of $4000 , but on MOM’s website it says in order to bring relatives you must be earning at least $5000 and the threshold changing to $6000 next year .
My wife will also get a job there earning $3000 so my question is will I be able to bring my 6 months old and my wife if both our salaries add up to $5000 or more Or does one of us have to be earning more than the threshold?
Thanks
$6,000 salary threshold - effective 1 Jan 2018
Individual salary, not combined salaries of $6k

Abarthgt

Post by Abarthgt » Fri, 06 Jul 2018 5:26 am

So what are the options for me to bring my family over ? (Working Wife and 6 months old son)

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 06 Jul 2018 8:01 am

Abarthgt wrote:So what are the options for me to bring my family over ? (Working Wife and 6 months old son)
Make at least $6,000 per month. That's your only option.