Singapore Expats

Entering country while waiting for Employment Pass

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
jacksonh

Entering country while waiting for Employment Pass

Post by jacksonh » Mon, 02 Jul 2018 3:03 am

Hello, I am currently waiting for my Employment Pass but my daughter's school starts August 13th and I am scheduled to fly to Singapore on August 1st (arrive the 2nd).

Does anyone know if I can enter the country as a visitor, or use another pass, while waiting for my EP if it hasn't arrived on time? Would a return flight within 30 days be required?

jacksonh

Re: Entering country while waiting for Employment Pass

Post by jacksonh » Mon, 02 Jul 2018 3:11 am

I should also mention my wife and two children are applying for Dependent Passes with my Employment Pass.

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Tue, 03 Jul 2018 8:36 am

You can come on a social visit pass but you may need a visa depending on your citizenship. You may be asked for a return ticket if you do not have your IPA (in-principle approval letter) yet.

RDG

Post by RDG » Thu, 05 Jul 2018 3:40 pm

jacksonh wrote:Hello, I am currently waiting for my Employment Pass but my daughter's school starts August 13th and I am scheduled to fly to Singapore on August 1st (arrive the 2nd).

Does anyone know if I can enter the country as a visitor, or use another pass, while waiting for my EP if it hasn't arrived on time? Would a return flight within 30 days be required?
Are you waiting for Pass (means the card) or the IPA? If you have IPA but waiting for issuance of your EP, then you can show it to SG IO. But, if you meant waiting for IPA, then you will need to enter as a tourist with a return ticket. You might want to check a rebookable return flight so atleast you can use it in the future when you plan to fly back to your home country.

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Thu, 05 Jul 2018 6:52 pm

If your child does not have a student Pass, it is likely that the school will not allow your child to start school until you have your EP.

jacksonh

Post by jacksonh » Sun, 08 Jul 2018 12:05 pm

Thank you, we booked tickets with a 90 day return. I am still waiting for the IPA letter. My daughter does not have a student pass, but is eligible for one through her school. I think that might require a local sponsor though?