Singapore Expats

Somebody help me about convert the pass?

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
Blossomnp

Somebody help me about convert the pass?

Post by Blossomnp » Sun, 01 Jul 2018 8:46 pm

Hi,everyone i have something come to my life.im a foreigner holding the LTVP im stay SG 4years and try to apply PR the result is rejected and no reason why.
Since im married 4years and we decide to divorce now ...one thing i worried is my LTVP my husband keep saying that once we sign to divorce my pass will be cancel and i need to go back where im from immediately!I sacrificed a lot to stay here but suddenly he say like this what should i do?
The question is
1. Is it possible convert my LTVP to Spass(now im working as Sales retail) can i do it without agreements from sponsors?
2.is it possible to change sponsor means that find company or PR holder to sponsor my pass ?
Honestly,I love this country i want to stay to work.
Thank u advance for good advices
(So sorry my english is not good)

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Somebody help me about convert the pass?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 01 Jul 2018 10:15 pm

Blossomnp wrote:Hi,everyone i have something come to my life.im a foreigner holding the LTVP im stay SG 4years and try to apply PR the result is rejected and no reason why.
Since im married 4years and we decide to divorce now ...one thing i worried is my LTVP my husband keep saying that once we sign to divorce my pass will be cancel and i need to go back where im from immediately!I sacrificed a lot to stay here but suddenly he say like this what should i do?
The question is
1. Is it possible convert my LTVP to Spass(now im working as Sales retail) can i do it without agreements from sponsors?

NO

2.is it possible to change sponsor means that find company or PR holder to sponsor my pass ?

NO. Only your employer can apply for an S pass. Even then, there is no guarantee you will get one. You have been working, I assume, on Letter of Consent. That will end when the LTVP ends. When the LTVP ends you will probably get 2 weeks to 30 days on a Social Visit Pass and then you will have to return to your home country.

The only option is to find an employer who will apply for an S or WP pass for you but even then there are no guarantees that you will even qualify for an S pass. You didn't have to qualify for your position if you were working on a LoC.

Honestly,I love this country i want to stay to work.
Thank u advance for good advices
(So sorry my english is not good)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Re: Somebody help me about convert the pass?

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 02 Jul 2018 10:00 am

I would put a lot of more effort into avoiding a divorce. To go from LTVP to PR is possible on the basis of family ties but that won't apply once you're divorced. You're better off patching up your marriage, working on improving your prospects, getting PR and THEN divorcing your husband.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or http://www.ISS.edu
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!