How to apply for PR while on 90 day visit pass?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 23 Jun 2018 7:10 am

How to apply for PR while on 90 day visit pass?

Post by Dutchiee » Sat, 23 Jun 2018 7:28 am

Hi folks,

I'm a Dutch national, with a Singapore citizen spouse (married 3yrs) and we have a small child together. I was in Singapore 5 years for study. We since moved to the USA but we are moving back to Singapore so we can get help from his family to raise our child. I will not be working initially, so I will enter Singapore on a 'tourist' stamp.

We have applied for Singapore citizenship for our child (application is still in process), and I want to apply for Singapore PR. I understand the process for PR application takes 4-6 months. My spouse would submit the application after I enter Singapore on a 90 day visit pass. So after I enter, should I apply for a longer pass (e.g. LTVP) or leave and re-enter every 90 days as a 'tourist'?

Also, should we wait with PR application until our child has been granted Singapore citizenship, or will this not affect the application?

User avatar
Posts: 8994
Joined: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 9:06 pm
Answers: 2
Location: Sinkapore

Re: How to apply for PR while on 90 day visit pass?

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 23 Jun 2018 9:58 am

You need to apply for an LTVP. I doubt you can get PR without being resident and maybe working for about three years first. An LTVP is usually valid for 12.months and if your spouse is a citizen it allows you right to work as well with a Letter Of Consent.
I not lawyer/teacher/CPA.
You've been arrested? Law Society of Singapore can provide referrals.
You want an International School job? School website or
Your rugrat needs a School? Avoid for profit schools
You need Tax advice? Ask a CPA
You ran away without doing NS? Shame on you!

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 62 guests