Singapore Expats

PR rejection timeline

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
michealjohndiamond

PR rejection timeline

Post by michealjohndiamond » Sun, 17 Jun 2018 12:54 am

Hi,

I have been in Singapore for past 10 years and working in IT/banking and indian/married.
I applied for my first PR application during 2009 and got rejected within a month, whereas at that period close friend of mine with exactly same profile (race, religion, IT, etc...) applied after a 2/3 weeks and got approved. I am aware each applications have its own merits for approvals.
I just appealed for the rejection which also got rejected within a month.

I haven't applied for PR for more than three years and tried again. Same result rejection..again within 2 months. Waited for 1 more year, where I got improvement in my job profile and salary. But no luck again. Still I am checking my luck for PR approval. I am also also aware getting PR these days very diffcult.

However, I am just wondering usually I am hearing the PR rejections takes around 6-9 months.
In my case, all the PR applications are rejected with a 1/2/3 months. Is it this pattern shows something missing in application/docs and straight away going for rejection. If something is missing in paper work /others, I can try to address it.

Any help/suggestions would be useful. thanks.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Re: PR rejection timeline

Post by Strong Eagle » Sun, 17 Jun 2018 1:56 am

Clearly, your statement, "close friend of mine with exactly same profile" isn't accurate for if the profile had been exactly the same, the outcome would have been exactly the same as well.

It's less likely that it's your paperwork, and more likely that there is something in your background that raises red flags. Could be school... is it legit, dodgy, fly by night? Have you had a bunch of jobs? Has your pay been commensurate with skills and experience? Have you moved around a lot? Are you single? Divorced? Applying with spouse or not?

It is impossible to say what the situation is.

michealjohndiamond

Post by michealjohndiamond » Sun, 17 Jun 2018 2:24 am

Strong Eagle wrote:Clearly, your statement, "close friend of mine with exactly same profile" isn't accurate for if the profile had been exactly the same, the outcome would have been exactly the same as well.

It's less likely that it's your paperwork, and more likely that there is something in your background that raises red flags. Could be school... is it legit, dodgy, fly by night? Have you had a bunch of jobs? Has your pay been commensurate with skills and experience? Have you moved around a lot? Are you single? Divorced? Applying with spouse or not?

It is impossible to say what the situation is.
Hi,
Schooling/Jobs all regular (full-time) and legitimate.
Married and from 1st PR application onwards applied with my wife.
Jobs wise, it was my 4th Job in my 6 year career during the 1st PR application.
My first job was with average salary and converted the foreign currency to SGD while mentioning....but after 1st rejection, started to mention with the foreign currency itself, as dollar values are fluctuating to avoid any incorrect information.
Not divorced.
In singapore for past 10 years worked only for 2 employers so far.

Since getting rejection too short, I have also re-validated all my documents and also comparing all my PR applications to make sure no incorrect/inconsistent information provided across different applications.

During my first time rejection, got the letter with "You may wish to re-submit another application for our consideration in 2 year's time. In evaluating any application, we take into consideration all relevant factors, including changes in residential period, financial stability as well as conduct."

CashewNut

Post by CashewNut » Wed, 11 Jul 2018 9:18 pm

With so many applicants from india yours may well have just fallen outside the quota whereas your friend was within. It could just be the officer reviewing your application.

Which uni?

Salary?

Holding SGD currency means nothing. You can change it back to something else at any time.

BBCDoc
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BBCDoc » Wed, 11 Jul 2018 10:19 pm

Perhaps it is having exactly the same profile that is the problem.

I bet they flagged that it appeared to be only a change in name on the application, so they rejected yours.

These guys are sharp, don’t mess with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There's always room for one more